So I started watching the X-Files

L.S.

Reaction score
Because of course I didn’t watch it when it was popular. Back then I thought it was a documentary series, but after 15 minutes into the first episode I called it quits. So present day, I started watching it again about two months ago. I’d watch an episode after work while eating a late dinner. I’ve come to notice something, it happens around the end of season one or beginning of season two. First, it seems to be raining wherever Mulder and Scully go. Second, regardless of the weather conditions both are always wearing trench coats, even indoors. Third, no matter what building they’re in (even the FBI building) the building seems to have no electricity, or at least no lights. I’m about half way through season two, it’s a great show but those three things keep bugging me when I watch.

They were probably on a tight budget then :) The trench coats...probably stereotype of G men/women back in the 90s before it was wrong to poke fun. Rain..probably wherever they filmed the series then, probably had rainy weather. The Atlantic City episode was hilarious as the area 'surrounding' AC is NOTHING like what it is...feral people...probably.

Reactions: damon
Because of course I didn’t watch it when it was popular. Back then I thought it was a documentary series, but after 15 minutes into the first episode I called it quits. So present day, I started watching it again about two months ago. I’d watch an episode after work while eating a late dinner. I’ve come to notice something, it happens around the end of season one or beginning of season two. First, it seems to be raining wherever Mulder and Scully go. Second, regardless of the weather conditions both are always wearing trench coats, even indoors. Third, no matter what building they’re in (even the FBI building) the building seems to have no electricity, or at least no lights. I’m about half way through season two, it’s a great show but those three things keep bugging me when I watch.
One of my favorite shows ever.

Reactions: damon
I never paid attention to the rain and trench coat thing, it does lend to the strangeness. The shows were good but the older ones were the best in my opinion.