Snorkeling Alligators

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Just an FYI...the gators are fine once the ice melts.

OP
DiggerDawg

DiggerDawg

Reaction score
Just an FYI...the gators are fine once the ice melts.
Unfortunately, not all of the alligators survived the cold snap at the Red Slough Wildlife Management Area, a 5,800-acre (2,300 hectares) refuge in southeastern Oklahoma that's managed by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, U.S. Forest Service and the Natural Resources Conservation Service.

• Sad
Reactions: Lone Wolf

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not all of the alligators survived the cold snap at the Red Slough Wildlife Management Area, a 5,800-acre (2,300 hectares) refuge in southeastern Oklahoma that's managed by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, U.S. Forest Service and the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
I understand that some do get caught and die. Normally the ones who get caught under the ice and can't snorkle up. This winter was especially hard on all wildlife.

Reactions: DiggerDawg

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I have driven through Oklahoma and it was nothing but heat and dirt. There were mountains near Texas. I never saw wetlands or alligators. Saw some Buffalo tho. This article taught me something today. I never knew there were alligators in Ok and that they snorkeled.