Snake in a toilet

We actually have a long-running family joke about a snake in the toilet.

Decorum prohibits me from further delineation.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I always check the toilet for snakes as they can make their way up the pipes from the septic system. my daughter nearly got bitten by a brown snake on the toilet floor.

• Wow
I've never found a snake in mine, but I did find a live rat trying to get out early one Monday morning a few years ago. I believe I've told the story, but after some yelling, mild obscenities and possibly setting a new speed record, I fished him out of the toilet and tucked him into a plastic container and released him. Scary thought to think ya can't even sit on the toilet in peace without the thought of a rat or a snake.

A stranded black snake in the water filled white ceramic bowl in the water closet rings a bell with me!

Fire Station #2 OMTFPD

Since our town gives us a free bonus of fluoride in our H2O for strong teeth. A few years ago I got our sand ground filtered water there.

At four AM after work I flipped on the bathroom light. Whoa! A 4 foot long harmless black snake ducked and turned instantly "U shaped" to go down through the bowls exit hole!!

I knew it was trapped in the stations septic system! I called central dispatch asking them to text our marshall/fire chief about it.

Then a few days later returning with a narrow wire mesh I made an easy out ramp to the top of the bowls rim for the snake to slither up and out! Knowing it could never wiggle with enough momentum to go up over those last few inches.

Some days later the marshall/fire chief told me he and his deputy discovered the now free snake on the station floor with a white insect sticky trap over it's head. The trap prevented it from exiting under the sides of the big doors.

He said they shot it because it might have been sickened by the glue in the trap!

I just told him I wished I'd been with both of them. It would have been a previously unlucky then very lucky and freed TWICE! Indiana black snake!

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited: