SLIding through my day

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Some of you know I am a SLIder. Brief explanation here.

Researchers tackle 'SLIders' phenomenon - Unexplained Mysteries

When my energy is running too high or is unbalanced, electrical items do strange things around me....including the fact I blow out lightbulbs at a rate that leaves me sure I should take out stock in them.

SO! It started last night....again. First, my computer. It started acting very strange...and as I type this it is doing it again. All sorts of weird stuff from not following commands, browsers going nuts, and today, I simply left it for 5 minutes and came back to find it somehow shut off the wifi. Literally moved the setting to off. I didn't touch it.
Also today, my phone decided to switch itself to no ringer. Last night it didn't want me to take a picture.

OK< so 2 lightbulbs and all this later, I thought I'd ask if anyone else out there has this lovely gift?

When my energy is running too high or is unbalanced, electrical items do strange things around me....including the fact I blow out lightbulbs at a rate that leaves me sure I should take out stock in them.

SO! It started last night....again. First, my computer. It started acting very strange...and as I type this it is doing it again. All sorts of weird stuff from not following commands, browsers going nuts, and today, I simply left it for 5 minutes and came back to find it somehow shut off the wifi. Literally moved the setting to off. I didn't touch it.
Also today, my phone decided to switch itself to no ringer. Last night it didn't want me to take a picture.

OK< so 2 lightbulbs and all this later, I thought I'd ask if anyone else out there has this lovely gift?

Eeeeek!

Reactions: 7Critter

well, certainly lets ya know sumthin's up

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
well, certainly lets ya know sumthin's up
Good question! Does this phenomonon associate with anything going on in your life? A trigger ? Could it be a physical thing like being dehydrated? Or too much salt in your diet. Electrolytes in our body chemistry effect our energy and cell communication

My daughter had this as a teen. She would blow out lightbulbs constantly. She’s hit a switch and I’d hear the pop of the bulbs in my 4 light ceiling fans. It got to the point I asked her not to touch the switches. A friend even told me to try putting copper brackets on her. Nothing worked and she eventually grew out of it. I’ll have to ask her if she has any more instances of this happening. She pushes away any talk of her youthful abilities. So I don’t really know if she out grew them or is just suppressing and hiding it.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Good question! Does this phenomonon associate with anything going on in your life? A trigger ? Could it be a physical thing like being dehydrated? Or too much salt in your diet. Electrolytes in our body chemistry effect our energy and cell communication
Yes, Lynne, there IS a trigger and I knew what it was. I had to ground my energy, but it took a bit of time. High stress tends to be my trigger and the night this began was one of those kind of nights. My family is used to this as I'm sure you got to be with your daughter. I was taking my chances by even touching my computer that night!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yes, Lynne, there IS a trigger and I knew what it was. I had to ground my energy, but it took a bit of time. High stress tends to be my trigger and the night this began was one of those kind of nights. My family is used to this as I'm sure you got to be with your daughter. I was taking my chances by even touching my computer that night!
Ha and it’s too cold to stand outside barefoot !

My step daughter is a slider. She puts out street lamps on a regular basis. I have been working with her to calm her slider tendencies.
I also have some slider abilities but it usually has to do with cell phones, computers, tv ect....
Just yesterday I was using my phone to access facebook when my phone called me....lol! I was rather stressed at the time so my slider was showing.

Maybe it's when she has too much Coke and M&M's? :p

Reactions: Lynne