Sleep

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
ARE YOU A GOOD "SLEEPER"? CAN YOU GET RIGHT INTO BED AND DRIFT OFF, SLEEP THE NIGHT THROUGH? A RECENT STUDY SAYS MOST CAN'T DO THAT.

Falling Asleep, Staying Asleep Growing More Difficult For Americans Each Year -- Study Finds

WHAT KIND OF SLEEPER ARE YOU? DO YOU TOSS AND TURN OR OUT COLD? PILES OF PILLOWS? LOTS OF BLANKETS? NEED A FAN RUNNING? STREAM RADIO OVERNIGHT? NIGHTLIGHT?

AND DO YOU CHECK FOR THAT MONSTER UNDER THE BED OR JUST KEEP YOUR FEET COVERED?

I can fall asleep in about 5 minutes. I sleep on my side and need a pillow between my legs. I have a pillow I wrap my arm around and a pillow under my head and one covering my ear, shielding my eyes from light. I look like a ball under the covers. Lol
I will usually wake to 1-2 times to go to the bathroom and sleep well most of the time.

for me..i can fall as sleep as soon i on my bed. hahahah... never wake to bathroom or anything but i will awake if i hear something weird or dream something. but human noise can make me sleep deep and zzzzzzzzzzzz....too silent make me cannot sleep.

Whoa! The only questions you didn’t ask are...:

1. Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
2. What color are your pjs?
3. Do you slobber when you sleep?

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
Whoa! The only questions you didn’t ask are...:

1. Which side of the bed do you sleep on?
2. What color are your pjs?
3. Do you slobber when you sleep?
OK! Shall we add those in there??? lol

I sleep on the right, as I'm right handed and hubs is a lefty, my PJ's tonight are black, and I occasionally slobber when I sleep sound, which is not something I do often these days! Ohhh....and the sheets are burgandy this week.

OK! Shall we add those in there??? lol

I sleep on the right, as I'm right handed and hubs is a lefty, my PJ's tonight are black, and I occasionally slobber when I sleep sound, which is not something I do often these days! Ohhh....and the sheets are burgandy this week.

Let me start with those same questions then too!
1. Left side because I’m a Liberal.
2. My jammies rotate through combinations of red, black, and white.
3. My GF has said recently that my saliva is so acidic that I have stained most of my my pillow cases.

Let me star with those same questions then too!
1. Left side because I’m a Liberal.
2. My jammies rotate through combinations of red, black, and white.
3. My GF has said recently that my saliva is so acidic that I have stained most of my my pillow cases.
LOL OK, now we're on to something here. I sleep with streaming radio all night and a fan for noise. I can't sleep in quiet, it will wake me up. And, listening to talk radio when I get up 5 times a night for one thing or another is helpful to entertain me while awake. I don't usually even try for actual sleep until at least 1 AM, cuz I know it won't happen before then, and I'm often shoved sideways in the morning from dogs. As I am up off and on, (medical reasons with hubs normally), I've become quite good at piecing together short segments of Coast to Coast AM. I do actually land in the nest by about midnight, but it takes awhile to unwind my very active brain.

So now back to the original questions in the thread.

I have the fortunate superpower of being able to fall asleep in nearly any position in fewer than 30 seconds. And, my GF hates it because it is so consistent. My parents used to leave me wherever I fell asleep because I was too heavy to move. I’ve fallen asleep upon sitting in my airplane seat and only awaken to find I was unbuckled during lift off.

I sleep like a rock but change positions without waking up. That is true unless I am sick or very, very hot. Then I toss and turn and wake up.

I snore like a cave bear. Totally true fact - my GF poked me last night to tell me that I was snoring. But I awoke myself at the exact same moment from a dream where I exhaled and blew a tall stack of papers off a desk into the air. My physical reaction was so very strong that I incorporated a false related scene into my own dream state.

I’ve learned to live with whatever my GF requires - fan, two fans, ostrich at the foot of the bed, mismatched pasties on my chest, totally whatever works for her.

LOL OK, now we're on to something here. I sleep with streaming radio all night and a fan for noise. I can't sleep in quiet, it will wake me up. And, listening to talk radio when I get up 5 times a night for one thing or another is helpful to entertain me while awake. I don't usually even try for actual sleep until at least 1 AM, cuz I know it won't happen before then, and I'm often shoved sideways in the morning from dogs. As I am up off and on, (medical reasons with hubs normally), I've become quite good at piecing together short segments of Coast to Coast AM. I do actually land in the nest by about midnight, but it takes awhile to unwind my very active brain.

I have 65 lb dog between my legs every night, 16 lb sweetheart by my side, and a cat wondering the bed like he was searching the Sahara for sacred entomology.