Sleep paralysis

Katlover00

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new here and am not sure if there is already a post for SP. So I will just continue with this.

Over the years (actually not lately) I have experienced SP. Not sure why but it would usually occur when I was exhausted (from lack of sleep, I have been an insomniac from early childhood) and would take an afternoon nap.

The experience of SP was terrifying. It felt like someone/something was holding/weighing me down. At times I also felt like something was inside of me and it was trying to get out. It was as if I was fighting against something. I was trying to stop it overtaking me. I could feel it trying to speak/growl, etc. I couldn't control my limbs or facial muscles. I honestly felt helpless. And everytime I had the experience it always felt negative/evil. When I woke up I always felt scared/upset/disoriented. I,ve never felt anything like it before.

I don't think it is paranormal but it is such a strange phenomena. It's like nothing I have ever experienced before.

It did 100% feel like I was being possessed .

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Hi Kat and welcome to the forum. Sleep paralysis is not uncommon, there are members here who’ve experienced it. The body falls asleep before your mind. It’s recommended to try to wiggle a finger, toe or move a muscle. This will help trigger you to come out of it.

Do you fear it may be more than just SP? I’m guessing you do because you’re on this sight. Is there something more going on? We are here to help if so. This is a friendly group and we moderate what goes on here. So if you have further information or questions we are here to discuss things.

Hi Kat and welcome to the forum. Sleep paralysis is not uncommon, there are members here who’ve experienced it. The body falls asleep before your mind. It’s recommended to try to wiggle a finger, toe or move a muscle. This will help trigger you to come out of it.

Do you fear it may be more than just SP? I’m guessing you do because you’re on this sight. Is there something more going on? We are here to help if so. This is a friendly group and we moderate what goes on here. So if you have further information or questions we are here to discuss things.

Hi Lynne,
Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't had a SP experience for years. I have just never talked about it before. I thought this would be a good place to talk about it. I know that it is explainable, but it is still such a strange thing to experience.

I'm looking forward to reading more posts on here. Glad I found the site.

Hi Lynne,
Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't had a SP experience for years. I have just never talked about it before. I thought this would be a good place to talk about it. I know that it is explainable, but it is still such a strange thing to experience.

I'm looking forward to reading more posts on here. Glad I found the site.
The body and mind are amazing things. I hope to see your opinion on things. We usually meet up on the live chat about 9:30 or 10 pm. Come by for the chat.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi Katlover ,it is a pretty scary thing to experience,It really feels you are at the mercy of some type of entity.It is put down as a natural misfunction but the intense feeling makes me think it is crossing over to the paranormal.

Hello,
I am new here and am not sure if there is already a post for SP. So I will just continue with this.

Over the years (actually not lately) I have experienced SP. Not sure why but it would usually occur when I was exhausted (from lack of sleep, I have been an insomniac from early childhood) and would take an afternoon nap.

The experience of SP was terrifying. It felt like someone/something was holding/weighing me down. At times I also felt like something was inside of me and it was trying to get out. It was as if I was fighting against something. I was trying to stop it overtaking me. I could feel it trying to speak/growl, etc. I couldn't control my limbs or facial muscles. I honestly felt helpless. And everytime I had the experience it always felt negative/evil. When I woke up I always felt scared/upset/disoriented. I,ve never felt anything like it before.

I don't think it is paranormal but it is such a strange phenomena. It's like nothing I have ever experienced before.

It did 100% feel like I was being possessed .

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Hi Katlover, and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having this happening to you. It is a most troublesome experience! I know, I've dealt with it for over 25 years.

Your experience sounds similar to what happens to me. You feel a presence, a negative entity holding you down and diving inside of you. To me it sounds like what I go through. Do you ever see an entity or evil spirit before/during this experience in your dreams? Do you feel weakened when you wake up? There are scientific reasons they say this happens, though for me I know exactly what's going on and it's not innocent.

Did you ever play with a Ouija board or play with the occult? How long have your experiences been happening?

*I’ve edited some of this out as I my intent is it to cause any unnecessary fear.

Last edited:
Hi Katlover, and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having this happening to you. It is a most troublesome experience! I know, I've dealt with it for over 25 years.

Your experience sounds similar to what happens to me. You feel a presence, a negative entity holding you down and diving inside of you. To me it sounds like what I go through. Do you ever see an entity or evil spirit before/during this experience in your dreams? Do you feel weakened when you wake up? There are scientific reasons they say this happens, though for me I know exactly what's going on and it's not innocent. I've actually seen it one night as I was awakened by a weird feeling. I opened my eyes (I was lying on my back) I saw a shadow figure above my face right above me. It looked like black mist. I could make out the shape of a head and shoulders. As soon as I realized what it was I inhaled in shock and it dove straight into me. I was immediately frozen and pushed into sleep paralysis where I fought and finally broke free.
My experience and what happens to my wife is the same. She's seen it as well in her dreams, though hasn't seen the shadow dive into her. I hope that day never comes. In the meantime I would suggest praying (the hosts can provide links) and I also suggest sleeping on your side from now on. It will greatly reduce your attacks. We never sleep on our backs anymore, though we still get attacked, it seems easier to break free for some reason.

Did you ever play with a Ouija board or play with the occult? How long have your experiences been happening?
Your experience appears to be an actual attack from your account. Kat has described hers to be of the normal physical type. Both may exist but we don’t want to cause undue fright.

Your experience appears to be an actual attack from your account. Kat has described hers to be of the normal physical type. Both may exist but we don’t want to cause undue fright.

You’re absolutely right. I shouldn’t have divulged that quite yet. I’ve edited it. My intention is never to make anyone afraid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
You’re absolutely right. I shouldn’t have divulged that quite yet. I’ve edited it. My intention is never to make anyone afraid.
No problem Fizz. Your experience is valid and you have every right to post it in the right context. This person was asking about regular sleep paralysis. I didn’t want to send her down a diff road.