Sleep Paralysis or something more?

any noise durring sleep paralasys will scare you, my fear was a very loud pounding wich was explained to me as being my heartbeat. There is something you need to understand about this state EVERYthing becomes more intense and time seems to slow to a crawl, so the voice you heard may have been from your phone but you dosed off just enough to reach your sub-conscience putting you into sleep paralysis, do not be alarmed you will be fine.
That may be an explanation but I have never heard of a case of sleep paralysis where the person experiencing it can move. When this was happening I remember being able to move I just felt too terrified to turn around. But I also do not know a whole lot about sleep paralysis. Everyone I have spoken to who have experienced it have mostly had similar stories of feeling like something was holding them down or choking them. But like most things it could manifest differently to everyone.

if after you check all the natural stuff, you still experience the unexplained, I don't agree with that 10/10 assessment she made - i just like using science even vs spirits. give me a real spirit, and i'll be the one trying to figure out it's composition, history, and psychology lol. and if it can throw something I'll be asking it to teach me how to do that. Trust me, I'm pretty sure i've left a few spirits looking at me like "WTF?"

Last edited:
if after you check all the natural stuff, you still experience the unexplained, I don't agree with that 10/10 assessment she made - i just like using science even vs spirits. give me a real spirit, and i'll be the one trying to figure out it's composition and psychology lol.
I agree. I have lived in this house my entire life and being a physic empath( which means that I can sense the energies of the living and dead, I can not see or hear the dead unless they manifest it on their own) I have a good feel for the energies of the 3 spirits that reside in my home because I have been around them since I was a child. But what I have been feeling lately is new and it has been negative and I constantly have that feeling of being watched which is relatively new in my house. A part of me is wondering if this new energy could be because of something more scientific. Especially because I have been in haunted locations and felt negative energies and felt energies that had negative intentions, but what I felt that night was negative with horribly negative intentions and the fact that I could hear a voice is new to me. This is an experience I have never had before and NEVER want to have again.
Supernatural or not I am defiantly calling the gas company in the morning to come and do an inspection though.

Reactions: 7Critter and Mr E
I had a crazy sleep paralysis experience. Had never experienced it before. But honestly there was no marker beforehand or after that made me feel that the energy of the house had changed or shifted. It was always evolving. I got the feeling that our place was an open door. And it was apparent that domestic violence was no stranger to that home.

My experience wasn’t particularly negative. My boyfriend had fallen asleep on the couch and I didn’t disturb him and went up to bed. Around 11pm I woke up with cramps and got up to take some Advil and get a hot water bottle. I tried watching TV in bed until maybe 3:30am and I closed my eyes, but I could hear the TV still.

Then I heard my boyfriend come up the stairs and figured that he’s just going to get ready for work. He does not head to the bathroom, instead he turns towards the bed and comes around the foot of the bed towards me. At this point I can’t open my eyes completely or speak, I can only make out a shadow coming around the foot of the bed. So I hold my left hand out. And I still remember the weather lady’s voice on the TV as this is happening. Well what took my hand was not his hand, it was a very small, very soft and wrinkled palm of a woman’s hand. And I hear a woman’s voice whispering in my ear, but it’s hard to understand over the TV. At this point I try to move, speak, look, anything. And I can’t. It felt like forever, but was probably a few minutes. I was able to finally move my knee and I opened my eyes. There’s the weather lady on TV and no boyfriend.

I head downstairs to see if it was him, he’s still asleep on the couch and it’s dark.

That house had hands down the most activity of any place I’ve dwelled. Something about that staircase. (Why is it always staircases and hallways?). Anyway, like I said, I don’t remember anything leading up to or following this experience that gave me a real reason for what had happened.

That may be an explanation but I have never heard of a case of sleep paralysis where the person experiencing it can move. When this was happening I remember being able to move I just felt too terrified to turn around. But I also do not know a whole lot about sleep paralysis. Everyone I have spoken to who have experienced it have mostly had similar stories of feeling like something was holding them down or choking them. But like most things, it could manifest differently to everyone.
Okay, I'll tell you this much It is your pathway to obe out of body experience I had sleep paralysis for years until I got over my fear I wasn't able to rise up. the reason I don't say anything about OBE's anymore is that it has a dangerous side effect to some ppl, it can cause someone with a week heart to suffer a stroke and or heart attack so be careful. you should research OBE for further information on this. I am no expert on it and I do not feel I should be guiding people through this. Good luck in your endeavors.

Whitney I suspect your intuition is correct and that you have a negative entity. Who knows where it came from, perhaps it followed you home from one of the haunted locations you visited. Also it could have come through when you were using a divination (I don’t think a time duration matters ). What’s important is taking back your space. You seem to have a knowledge of cleaning a home so perhaps add to that daily prayer and bless it with holy water. I think speaking out loud to order it out also can be effective. Claim your home. Further issues may require bringing in clergy. Keep us posted.

Reactions: WhitneyKristina
Whitney I suspect your intuition is correct and that you have a negative entity. Who knows where it came from, perhaps it followed you home from one of the haunted locations you visited. Also it could have come through when you were using a divination (I don’t think a time duration matters ). What’s important is taking back your space. You seem to have a knowledge of cleaning a home so perhaps add to that daily prayer and bless it with holy water. I think speaking out loud to order it out also can be effective. Claim your home. Further issues may require bringing in clergy. Keep us posted.
I definitely will. I had the gas company come and they checked to make sure it was not a gas leak possibly causing hallucinations. But the gas company said there was no leak. I had a pretty busy day today and did just a quick cleansing and have had frankincense and nag champa incense burning all day. In the time that I have been home today I have felt that the negative energy has become more agitated and has begun effecting my moods. And I do believe I have seen it a couple of times today, never directly but as a quick black shadow in the corners. I am planing to do a full cleansing on the first. I was thinking of doing it tomorrow but seeing as it is Halloween and I do believe that the veil between the living and the dead is at it's thinnest and I do believe that trying to do anything could possibly make the situation worse. I do plan on not staying in my home on Halloween just because of how much I can feel this negative energy effecting me and my moods so much. I will do a full update on how the cleansing goes on Thursday and the days after.

Yes keep us updated. I hope you will use the protection prayer posted on the first page of this thread. It is good for all faiths. Good luck.

Quick update on the current situation, on Halloween I chose to stay at a friends house. Mostly in hopes that the negative entity was just attached to my home and not myself, but I felt the energy follow me to their house. And they also witnessed a black mass follow me down the hallway. Yesterday I did a full house cleansing as well as a spiritual cleansing. And sadly it did not help very much. The energy in the house kept building and building and last night there was an awful fight between me and my family. I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier and the emotions I was feeling were not my own. I felt like I had no control over what I was saying and feeling. I have had this happen to me in the past when I am around people who are very strong broadcasters of their emotions and energies but what I felt last night was amplified to a degree I have never felt before and it honestly terrified me. And I used the prayer that Lynne had provided and it helped me calm down and helped me gain more control over the way I was feeling. And I am very grateful to her for providing that to me I really needed it. Then I had the worse experience last night while I was trying to fall asleep. I was having a hard time falling asleep because of all the energy in the house so I was l just laying there when out of the corner of my eye I could see this black mass rising up from the bottom of my door. I sat up in my bed and looked directly at it and as I did I could see this awful face staring at me through the black mass with these yellow eyes staring right at me. I began yelling at it that I was not afraid of it, that it was not welcome, and that it had no permission to be there. I felt like I was yelling at this thing for hours and it was just there in the corner starring at me smiling. I finally got enough control and began throwing Florida Water at it.( for those who don't know what Florida Water it is used for cleansing and protection in many rituals) The moment the Florida Water hit the entity it disappeared with this high pitched screech that I can still hear in my head. It feels like the entity is not present but I do not believe that it is the last I've seen of it. I have spoken to a few experts I know and they are planning to coming to my home and helping my preform a much stronger cleansing and protection ritual. I will try and keep you all posted and updated on any activity.

Yes keep us updated. I hope you will use the protection prayer posted on the first page of this thread. It is good for all faiths. Good luck.
I just posted a quick update on the whole situation, and I mentioned it in the post but I wanted to tell you that the prayer that you provided really helped me a lot. I am very thankful to you for providing it for me. I was hesitant at first because I have never really been a praying person but I was having such a hard time that I felt I had to use it. And it really helped me a lot. I really am thankful. Thank you so much for providing it.

Reactions: 7Critter