Sleep Paralysis or something more?

WhitneyKristina

Reaction score
The other night I experienced something I want to explain as sleep paralysis but the more that I think about it the less I think it is just an episode of sleep paralysis. In the past I have experienced sleep paralysis, not often but often enough to know what it feels like. For me whenever it has happened I can't move or speak, and that's it. I have never seen or heard anything while in sleep paralysis just an unsettling feeling that I wasn't alone. Now to what happened the other night. I was sleeping facing the wall with my back towards my room. I remember I had woken up and checked my phone to see the time and it was around 5 am, so I laid back down and was about to try to fall back to sleep when I felt someone or something on the bed next to me, as I was about to turn and see what it was I began feeling a sharp and severe pain in the back of my neck and I began to hear a deep voice speaking low and fast. I could hear the voice clear as day but now as I try to remember what was said I can't remember for the life of me any of what it said, but I remember pleading with the voice to stop and to leave. It lasted about 10 maybe 15 minutes. Once the voice stopped I laid there too afraid to move. It didn't feel at all like sleep paralysis, I could speak and I could move, and I have never experienced hearing anything during sleep paralysis. I know that many people do experience seeing and hearing things during sleep paralysis, but I have never. And this just didn't feel like sleep paralysis to me. And in the days since I have been experiencing odd happenings. I can't conclusively identify the things that have been happening as paranormal but they are unexplained. I have experienced paranormal things in my house before but not in the way that they have been happening in the past few days. And the more I am thinking about the other night and the things that have been happening in the days since the more it's making me believe there may be a new entity in my home and believe less that it was just sleep paralysis and a paranoid mind making more of minor incidents.

Reactions: ghostkind
it's creepy enough that it was there but it caused that pain in the back of your neck.
I've had many experiences with ghosts and spirits but I have never had an experience that felt so negative and caused me so much pain. The back of my neck still feels sore. The whole thing just has me super creeped out.

I'd say, nothing to worry about.
Not being able to remember, means not able to consciously remember.
Rest assured, your unconscious mind has collected and recorded every single word.

It'll probably all make sense sometime in the future, perhaps years from now.

The sharp pain in your neck means your neck muscles were not relaxed, too tensed when you turned your head.

I'd say, nothing to worry about.
Not being able to remember, means not able to consciously remember.
Rest assured, your unconscious mind has collected and recorded every single word.

It'll probably all make sense sometime in the future, perhaps years from now.

The sharp pain in your neck means your neck muscles were not relaxed, too tensed when you turned your head.
That's what I have been thinking. I do believe that there is a new entity in the house and this was it's way of making itself known. I do plan to try and communicate with who ever it is. I am just apprehensive right now because the experience felt so negative. I also plan on doing a long meditation session to try and work on remembering what was said and why I was so scared and pleading with it.

F3601ED6-8CB2-4C96-84A8-C58CFA07FBDD.jpeg
A few questions to narrow down what advice we might give. Can I ask why you didn’t jump out of bed? You mentioned that you weren’t paralyzed. Do you have a certain faith? This can make a diff in how you approach the situation. Have you been using anything like Oujia boards, divination devices, etc anything that might have triggered this? Have you brought any new item into your home that might have an attachment ?

I know that’s a lot. Please don’t feel pressure to share more than your comfortable with. I will attach a protection prayer. I would advise praying this daily.

View attachment 15645 A few questions to narrow down what advice we might give. Can I ask why you didn’t jump out of bed? You mentioned that you weren’t paralyzed. Do you have a certain faith? This can make a diff in how you approach the situation. Have you been using anything like Oujia boards, divination devices, etc anything that might have triggered this? Have you brought any new item into your home that might have an attachment ?

I know that’s a lot. Please don’t feel pressure to share more than your comfortable with. I will attach a protection prayer. I would advise praying this daily.
Honestly I didn't move because I was unsure of what was going on. I have had many experiences with the paranormal but this felt different and much more negative than anything I have ever encountered. I would say that my faith and religious beliefs are more open and spiritual. I am a psychic empath and I do practice different forms of divination. But with that being said I have been practicing since I was a young child and was taught by my aunt. I know that there are certain dangers to what I do but I take a lot of precautions to keep myself safe. But I have had experiences in the past where readings have gone wrong, and situations where I have entered haunted locations and been severely effected. The reason I have disregarded this as a reason for what happened is because I had not done a reading or any kind of communication for roughly a week or so. As for any new objects entering my home there aren't any. I have a few theories of what could be an explanation but I can't be sure. There has been new activity in the house which isn't anything new to my home but a combination of what happened the other night and the things that are happening around the house are causing me to really speculate that this is a new entity in my home without my consent. And the fact that when I felt this entity I felt more of an intention for negativity than just an overall negative energy makes me cautious of my next moves. I have already done a sage cleansing of both myself and my home my bedroom more specifically, but I can still sense a new energy in the house. The reason I brought up Sleep Paralysis in my original post is that I have spoken to different people who have experienced paranormal happening in days after experiencing Sleep Paralysis and I was hoping to find out if that was more of a common thing and less of a rare occurrence. But the more I have looked into things and the more I have sat and watched the things in my house I have come to a conclusion that this is a new entity. I just need to figure out what kind of entity I am dealing with.

be careful with this, I once had a lucid dream followed by sleep paralysis, that to this day I remember it and it felt prophetic ...i was dreaming inside a dream......but at the same time I think it was carbon monoxide poisoning I was getting from a steam heater that i was sleeping next to, which will also cause sleep paralysis as also a gas leak. I'm not discounting the supernatural, but make sure it's not something natural that's causing it. The funny thing about the supernatural, is that it also mixes with the natural and the imagination - consider how the native american indians use hallucinogens to see the supernatural. But it's important to check all things to isolate it, and if it is supernatural, remove the natural possibilities first. Sleeping next to high electrical fields will also cause a supernatural eerie feeling, ie sleeping near an electrical switchbox that has high voltage.

again, not discounting the supernatural because there are cases the supernatural will play with your imagination to make you harm yourself. - so my point is to strengthen your reality with the natural fixes first.

Check out this ted talk that explains it -

Last edited:
The other night I experienced something I want to explain as sleep paralysis but the more that I think about it the less I think it is just an episode of sleep paralysis. In the past I have experienced sleep paralysis, not often but often enough to know what it feels like. For me whenever it has happened I can't move or speak, and that's it. I have never seen or heard anything while in sleep paralysis just an unsettling feeling that I wasn't alone. Now to what happened the other night. I was sleeping facing the wall with my back towards my room. I remember I had woken up and checked my phone to see the time and it was around 5 am, so I laid back down and was about to try to fall back to sleep when I felt someone or something on the bed next to me, as I was about to turn and see what it was I began feeling a sharp and severe pain in the back of my neck and I began to hear a deep voice speaking low and fast. I could hear the voice clear as day but now as I try to remember what was said I can't remember for the life of me any of what it said, but I remember pleading with the voice to stop and to leave. It lasted about 10 maybe 15 minutes. Once the voice stopped I laid there too afraid to move. It didn't feel at all like sleep paralysis, I could speak and I could move, and I have never experienced hearing anything during sleep paralysis. I know that many people do experience seeing and hearing things during sleep paralysis, but I have never. And this just didn't feel like sleep paralysis to me. And in the days since I have been experiencing odd happenings. I can't conclusively identify the things that have been happening as paranormal but they are unexplained. I have experienced paranormal things in my house before but not in the way that they have been happening in the past few days. And the more I am thinking about the other night and the things that have been happening in the days since the more it's making me believe there may be a new entity in my home and believe less that it was just sleep paralysis and a paranoid mind making more of minor incidents.
any noise durring sleep paralasys will scare you, my fear was a very loud pounding wich was explained to me as being my heartbeat. There is something you need to understand about this state EVERYthing becomes more intense and time seems to slow to a crawl, so the voice you heard may have been from your phone but you dosed off just enough to reach your sub-conscience putting you into sleep paralysis, do not be alarmed you will be fine.

Reactions: 7Critter
be careful with this, I once had a lucid dream, that to this day I remember it and it felt prophetic ...i was dreaming inside a dream......but at the same time I think it was carbon monoxide poisoning I was getting from a steam heater that i was sleeping next to, which will also cause sleep paralysis as also a gas leak. I'm not discounting the supernatural, but make sure it's not something natural that's causing it. The funny thing about the supernatural, is that it also mixes with the natural and the imagination - consider how the native american indians use hallucinogens to see the supernatural. But it's important to check all things to isolate it, and if it is supernatural, remove the natural possibilities first. Sleeping next to high electrical fields will also cause a supernatural feeling, ie sleeping near an electrical switchbox that has high voltage.

Check out this ted talk that explains it -
I have actually have had issues with electrical things causing problems, my house was originally built in the 50's and most of the electrical work is original except for the bedrooms which all have been rewired. But where my bed is there are no electrical outlets, and the only thing that has electricity that is near me at night is my phone that I keep in a drawer in my night table. I too have had lucid dreams as well and there could even be a possibility that the experience was a form of lucid dream but the only thing that makes me doubt that is the fact that I stood awake till my alarm went off on my phone. This experience was just so strange and I have never had an experience like this that I am just trying to make sense of what the hell it could have been. And it could remain a mystery to me for the rest of my life.
The video was an interesting watch and definitely something to look into. Especially because I do live in such an old house, and I would rather be safe than, well dead.

Reactions: Mr E