Sleep Paralysis and the Strangers

No One Karver

Reaction score
Hello, I'm No One.

I'm here because I discovered something and have no one to talk to about it. If i discuss it with my wife she freaks out, and I fear talking about it aloud may incur further attention from these strangers in the dark. I wonder if even writing this is a safe idea, but I need allies and have none who believe me.

My Story begins with a video I saw on youtube. The Video was titled "What if Cthulhu was real?"

I found the video fascinating, watching all of its related videos about Azathoth and Yogg Sasothoth.

From there, I was compelled to read Lovecraft's works, noticing as I did that there was a a strange and admirable quality to the level of terror he was able to bring by creating this unknowable terror that we mere humans cannot even describe.

While I read, I was inspired to write, and so gave an hour a day to both reading his work, and writing my own stories. And as I wrote, i started to look for other sources of material to pull from.

This is what I found.

The Nightmare | Netflix

Supposing you did not watch that whole movie, here are the bullet points.
- This is not a work of fiction.
- Sleep paralysis is a condition where a person is fully conscious, but stuck in the paralyzed state of deep sleep.
- during this time, people see terrifying visions of demons, dead people, and are tormented by said entities throughout the experience.
- It does not appear to be all in their head, as some of the visions are shared by people sleeping next to each other, and the experience can be past to others just by mentioning it, sorta like freddy krueger (a point they make in the film)

I decided to do some research. Turns out this is a real experience, with 8% of the population humans experiencing it(drawn from a pool of 36,000 participants), a number increased to 28% in at risk groups, and 34% in those with psychiatric issues.

I, as it turned out, would also be a victim of this experience and others as now things touch me and blow on the back of my neck while I write with no one there to account for it.

No One...

But, I am not afraid. I'm diving into this and will post all my findings and experiences.

Oh, and this is what I uncovered just today that made me start this account.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1647019/pdf/amjph00260-0037.pdf

I have found the Unknowable terrors and the strangers, and they were not in the books.

I'll post again soon.

EDIT!

Id like to add, that the best way to defend against these things is to stand up to them, according to many sufferers. This can be anything from telling it to leave, challenging it to a fight, using the religious commandments or invoking your dieties name.

It would appear that many of the entities, are not that strong, however, according to the article about the death of people from asian decent, they may be able to kill you...somehow. and i believe i have some evidence to support this

I am a victim of "sleep paralysis". I quote that word because everyone wrote me off as "it's all in your head". However, the experience couldn't be more real. I also had another experience two nights ago similar to that one, but I wasn't paralyzed. You can find my story about it under the thread called "Someone Was in My Bed!".

I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

I am a victim of "sleep paralysis". I quote that word because everyone wrote me off as "it's all in your head". However, the experience couldn't be more real. I also had another experience two nights ago similar to that one, but I wasn't paralyzed. You can find my story about it under the thread called "Someone Was in My Bed!".

I look forward to reading more of your experiences.
Just read that post. Definitely not sleep paralysis but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be supernatural :eek:

Reactions: Heather
Hi,
I had period in my life when I had sleep paralysis as well & from my experience I can tell how I fixed:
I noticed that sleep paralysis started happening when I messed up with my sleep pattern. I was sleeping at day and living at night. It was changing all the time as well, like sometimes I was getting going to bed at 9AM, sometimes at 3PM and waking up at 6PM and in short it was big mess up and changing all the time... And I noticed if I would take a nap during a day, there was a high risk of sleep paralysis. And I'm pretty sure all of you know how horrible feeling is it. So, how I fixed it? I got new job and every morning I had to get up at 9:30AM and go to bed at 12AM, like usually people do in my country (I mentioned this, because I know some countries have different sleep pattern). And believe it or no, but it helped! Since that I didn't experience sleep paralysis. Wikipedia also mentions - "By maintaining a regular sleep schedule and observing good sleep hygiene, one can reduce chances of sleep paralysis". I also had problem with breathing when my sleep pattern was messed up. Like if I would go to bed at 10AM for example, when going to sleep state after 5 minutes I was awakened by horrible feeling of not able to breath, then after few seconds it was going to normal, I was putting my head back to pillow going to sleep, then after few minutes I was again awakened with same horrible feeling at it was keep going like that, eventually ending with finally sleeping after so many suffering... So if you guys are having sleep paralysis & having messed up sleep pattern, try my advice and fix sleep pattern and see if it helps, 'cause in my case it helped.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
I've only had sleep paralysis a couple times, the very last time I felt like I was fighting with something to wake up... to be fair I had watched a few scary movies that week that kind of sparked my fear a little lol. I'm a dork...

Reactions: 7Critter
Having any luck making the SP stop? What have you tried?

I think keeping a regular sleep pattern is key to solving the physical problem of our bodies working properly. However the alternate cause of sleep paralysis is spiritual attack. The later requires a defensive approach. Knowing the difference is the key. I guess what I mean to say is sometimes people having spiritual attacks while sleeping describe it as sleep paralysis. Knowing what your dealing with will dictate your response.

Hi,
I had period in my life when I had sleep paralysis as well & from my experience I can tell how I fixed:
I noticed that sleep paralysis started happening when I messed up with my sleep pattern. I was sleeping at day and living at night. It was changing all the time as well, like sometimes I was getting going to bed at 9AM, sometimes at 3PM and waking up at 6PM and in short it was big mess up and changing all the time... And I noticed if I would take a nap during a day, there was a high risk of sleep paralysis. And I'm pretty sure all of you know how horrible feeling is it. So, how I fixed it? I got new job and every morning I had to get up at 9:30AM and go to bed at 12AM, like usually people do in my country (I mentioned this, because I know some countries have different sleep pattern). And believe it or no, but it helped! Since that I didn't experience sleep paralysis. Wikipedia also mentions - "By maintaining a regular sleep schedule and observing good sleep hygiene, one can reduce chances of sleep paralysis". I also had problem with breathing when my sleep pattern was messed up. Like if I would go to bed at 10AM for example, when going to sleep state after 5 minutes I was awakened by horrible feeling of not able to breath, then after few seconds it was going to normal, I was putting my head back to pillow going to sleep, then after few minutes I was again awakened with same horrible feeling at it was keep going like that, eventually ending with finally sleeping after so many suffering... So if you guys are having sleep paralysis & having messed up sleep pattern, try my advice and fix sleep pattern and see if it helps, 'cause in my case it helped.
Good analysis. Thanks.