Skinwalker Ranch (Updates)

The Fourth Wall approach works well for this style of documentary, rather than the distraction of a disembodied voice as the cameraman is asking questions. It also helps that the team doesn't look like they are performing for the camera.

Although it might be a neat to have a boni behind the scenes episode that answers some questions like this.

Reactions: Lynne
The Fourth Wall approach works well for this style of documentary, rather than the distraction of a disembodied voice as the cameraman is asking questions. It also helps that the team doesn't look like they are performing for the camera.

Although it might be a neat to have a boni behind the scenes episode that answers some questions like this.
I got this from Thomas Winterton's interview and also from info on the FB site. I'm all over this...lol

Reactions: Stevedog and Lynne
I liked the part where Travis said that it time for all non essential personnel to leave the area and it suddenly cuts to a wide angle view of the launch pad. Going forward I'm just going to assume that "non essential personnel" is code for the TV crew.

I believe there was a similar exception made to their "fourth wall" filming when the team is going through the aftermath and the camera guy is stuck in the backseat of the Jeep. The driver gets out but the camera and someone else is still in the Jeep talking and wondering how safe it is to be there. My guess is cameraman and sound/equipment guy.

For the most part, the crew tries to stay in the background. Occasionally the director will ask for the cast to repeat an exchange if they want a better camera angle, for instance, but they all just repeat the same words just spoken, it's not scripted, just a re-take. There are sometimes scrambles to get to where the action is, and typically the director will just say "you and you, follow so-and-so", and that is exactly what happened last night.
There are fewer than a dozen crew in total, from what I saw, and only one person on the sound board. Everyone carries a wireless mic so no matter where you are, they hear you.

Reactions: Debi
For the most part, the crew tries to stay in the background. Occasionally the director will ask for the cast to repeat an exchange if they want a better camera angle, for instance, but they all just repeat the same words just spoken, it's not scripted, just a re-take. There are sometimes scrambles to get to where the action is, and typically the director will just say "you and you, follow so-and-so", and that is exactly what happened last night.
There are fewer than a dozen crew in total, from what I saw, and only one person on the sound board. Everyone carries a wireless mic so no matter where you are, they hear you.
Thanks for the insider info, Chuck!

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Yes, Duke, I KNOW the graphic is ridicules, however, the interview is pretty good! lol

I spent more time talking to Kaleb while there than any other cast member except Erik. Kaleb is a very spiritual man and is a true believer in the paranormal. He does not participate in "ghost hunting" activities outside of his Skinwalker job, out of concern of bringing home a hitch hiker. He is fiercely protective of his family.