Skinwalker Ranch (Updates)

Well, snobbery doesn't get anyone anywhere, nor does a person's accent make them any smarter or less than another. As far as Travis, it wasn't really a huge surprise. He has been tapped many times and perhaps this may open doors and build bridges to get a grasp on what is going on there.
True about snobbery and accents. Travis is undoubtedly a very intelligent man and I like him plenty, I just find his accent incongruous with his level of education. Then again a major in astrophysicists doesn't generally come with elective elocution lessons, and who cares anyhow.

More importantly the rest of the team didn't seem overly concerned about his undisclosed work with UAPTF, which surprised me a little. It was interesting that Travis had personally detected the transmissions from Skinwalker Ranch and expressed concern to the Pentagon before ever starting on the show if we accept the narrative uncritically. It is also interesting that the Pentagon insisted that it isn't US military and isn't any foreign power they know of either. What is odd is that they tagged it as Other and handballed it over to the UAPTF. I wonder why? It does seem as if the Pentagon knows more than they are saying based on that. You'd think the Pentagon's first response would be to send in a military team and secure the site if it could be an unknown foreign operation. Why did they immediately assume UAPs?

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
Where do people stand on Travis' revelation about being recruited into the Pentagon's UAPTF as a matter of interest? I mean Travis is a former NASA consultant and has quite a few scientific qualifications (while still having the thickest hickest accent on TV, lol, pardon my New England snobbery). Has this changed peoples opinion of Travis or the show? I can make excuses for him, but others might not be so lenient. I only ask out of idle curiosity as the revelation was a surprise to me.
Because he started the show as a skeptic and only took the job after the first season, I am inclined to be understanding. He has really come around in respect to believing there is a conscious entity of some sort interacting with the ranch and people. He has said so in interviews. He comes off as a real regular guy in spite of being an obvious genius. I really like him.

I think his accent humanizes him . His enthusiasm is contagious and for me, the core of the show. Boy loves his rockets

Last edited by a moderator:
True about snobbery and accents. Travis is undoubtedly a very intelligent man and I like him plenty, I just find his accent incongruous with his level of education. Then again a major in astrophysicists doesn't generally come with elective elocution lessons, and who cares anyhow.

More importantly the rest of the team didn't seem overly concerned about his undisclosed work with UAPTF, which surprised me a little. It was interesting that Travis had personally detected the transmissions from Skinwalker Ranch and expressed concern to the Pentagon before ever starting on the show if we accept the narrative uncritically. It is also interesting that the Pentagon insisted that it isn't US military and isn't any foreign power they know of either. What is odd is that they tagged it as Other and handballed it over to the UAPTF. I wonder why? It does seem as if the Pentagon knows more than they are saying based on that. You'd think the Pentagon's first response would be to send in a military team and secure the site if it could be an unknown foreign operation. Why did they immediately assume UAPs?
Al, I do not see a connection between accent and intelligence, if you are headed in the direction of the "Country Hick" reference it is not something I think belongs here but instead around your dinner table. I get your inference and I do have a sense of humor, but it doesn't belong here.

I guess we'll see as this season progresses. The team looked (attempted) a bit miffed at his admission. TV drama lol. They were briefed on all this before the cameras were rolling. These guys stay in contact with each other outside of the show. I'm sure the government or powers-that-be, whatever, have interest in what's going. Whether they know...well i don't think they would've tapped Travis otherwise. Pretty obvious. He did not and cannot disclose everything from his tenure at this UAPTF, so i imagine anything is possible. GWU was so lucky to be there and be part of all this. There are strange things going on that can have huge implications to well, everything.

Where do people stand on Travis' revelation about being recruited into the Pentagon's UAPTF as a matter of interest? I mean Travis is a former NASA consultant and has quite a few scientific qualifications (while still having the thickest hickest accent on TV, lol, pardon my New England snobbery). Has this changed peoples opinion of Travis or the show? I can make excuses for him, but others might not be so lenient. I only ask out of idle curiosity as the revelation was a surprise to me.
well, im probably not the one to ask what people think of his accent, hes from decatur alabama and im from right next door, so he sounds more normal to me than the others on the series.... i have a pretty heavy accent myself at times so i really didnt even think about ( or even really notice ) it once.

well, im probably not the one to ask what people think of his accent, hes from decatur alabama and im from right next door, so he sounds more normal to me than the others on the series.... i have a pretty heavy accent myself at times so i really didnt even think about ( or even really notice ) it once.
I've been to 37 out of 50 states. I find the different accents fascinating. Particularly the deep southern accents :D

So, I'm watching season 4 of the show on Utube. I get to episode 7 and I stop halfway as it got late and I went to sleep. I go into my history on the TV to pickup where I left off this morning...I get about 5 mins in from the halfway point and the app (by it's self) jumps to the home screen! :O
So I go back into my history to do a do over lol. Every show of skinwalker ranch in my history is deleted :O, Just skinwalker ranch, all others in my history are there. First and only time this has ever happen and I've had the TV 4 years.

Thought it interesting lol :D

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I've been to 37 out of 50 states. I find the different accents fascinating. Particularly the deep southern accents :D

So, I'm watching season 4 of the show on Utube. I get to episode 7 and I stop halfway as it got late and I went to sleep. I go into my history on the TV to pickup where I left off this morning...I get about 5 mins in from the halfway point and the app (by it's self) jumps to the home screen! :O
So I go back into my history to do a do over lol. Every show of skinwalker ranch in my history is deleted :O, Just skinwalker ranch, all others in my history are there. First and only time this has ever happen and I've had the TV 4 years.

Thought it interesting lol :D
That is awful, hopefully you can catch re-runs of it. Maybe the powers that be do not want you to know the secret lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragnar0711
A lot of interesting stuff this episode. I like how their experiment was almost like "let's just do everything and see what happens". They are send drones into the sky, while also launching rockets, while also broadcasting the 1.6ghz signal, while also running a LIDAR scanner; I was half expecting to see Dragon using a ouija board while Tom plays a Beatles record backwards.

Also got to see GoneWestUtah again so that was neat.

I was also amused by Travis saying that he could get better cameras from his time with the Task Force. A part of me wonders if the Task Force may have recruited Travis as a way to get information/access to the ranch.

It was great to see Chuck on screen again!

Travis wants answers and he's said several times on podcasts that this is what drives him...he needs to know for himself. I get that. One of the major statements made tonight was his admission that he feels they now have more data and evidence than the UAP task force had during his time with it.

Personally, I don't care who comes up with the answers. Just find the evidence and the answers, please.