Skinwalker Ranch (Updates)

BTW, and it's not a very well-kept secret at this point, lol, but I spent three days and nights at Skinwalker Ranch last September, invited by the show as a "guest expert" to help with some experiments. I was invited not as a paranormal investigator, but wearing my astronomer's hat, along with two others.
"My" episode will air sometime during Season 3.
I was invited back near the end of October for another experiment, but a COVID outbreak on-set limited the number of outsiders allowed, so the second experiment was called-off. There is a chance it will happen this summer, when they begin shooting Season 4.
I did bring an SLS camera with me to the ranch, as far as any cast members can recall, I am the first person to do so. It wasn't part of the experiment and wasn't filmed, but Travis did run around with it one night while Erik and I had dinner in the Command Center.

BTW, and it's not a very well-kept secret at this point, lol, but I spent three days and nights at Skinwalker Ranch last September, invited by the show as a "guest expert" to help with some experiments. I was invited not as a paranormal investigator, but wearing my astronomer's hat, along with two others.
I was invited back near the end of October for another experiment, but a COVID outbreak on-set limited the number of outsiders allowed, so the second experiment was called-off. There is a chance it will happen this summer, when they begin shooting Season 4.
I did bring an SLS camera with me to the ranch, as far as any cast members can recall, I am the first person to do so. It wasn't part of the experiment and wasn't filmed, but Travis did run around with it one night while Erik and I had dinner in the Command Center.
Very cool. How did the producers of the show know about your interest in astronomy?

Very cool. How did the producers of the show know about your interest in astronomy?

It was the purest stroke of luck. The producer just looked online for a local astronomy club, found an old link to a club that just happens to be run by a very good friend of mine! He had never heard of the show but contacted me and put me in touch with them. After speaking with them, it turns out that I had the equipment, experience, and expertise that they needed. My interest in the paranormal was a bonus. My friend and I found one other who fit their requirements, and off we went for what turned out to be some very hard work but the most interesting three days of my life.

I tell people that it was my "Make-A-Wish" lol.

That's awesome GWU. Looking forward to watching. They all seem like a great bunch of guys.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah