Skinwalker Ranch TV Show on History

I find it strange that they are using a Navajo term for their ranch. It doesn't feel right to me.
Do you think it is disrespectful? I hadn’t thought of it in that way.

Looking back at some past history, the Dine' (Navajo term meaning The People) used the term for the area in general, thus the naming of the ranch. It was meant to be an acknowledgement and nod to the Navajo legends of the area itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Unfortunately the History Channel overdoes/dramatizes many of their paranormal shows. Unless you already know quite a bit about the subject being covered, you're not going to know if what you are seeing is factual or just inspired by/based on actual events.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Yes, the area has been known as part of the Path of the Skinwalker to the local Ute people because they believe that the Piute, after a dispute over territory, sent Skinwalkers to torment them. The Path goes through what would later become the Sherman Ranch.

Frankly, I have no hope whatsoever that the History Channel will do anything other than overhype and twist everything to make a good horror show. :( There's already so much crazy bull out there about the ranch, it's hard to even believe what is true. Unless you hear it first-hand or see it for yourself, don't believe it. It's a freaky, scary, weird place where strange stuff, horrible stuff, happens. Overhyping it and fictionalizing it doesn't do anyone any good.

Reactions: Duke
Yes, the area has been known as part of the Path of the Skinwalker to the local Ute people because they believe that the Piute, after a dispute over territory, sent Skinwalkers to torment them. The Path goes through what would later become the Sherman Ranch.

Frankly, I have no hope whatsoever that the History Channel will do anything other than overhype and twist everything to make a good horror show. :( There's already so much crazy bull out there about the ranch, it's hard to even believe what is true. Unless you hear it first-hand or see it for yourself, don't believe it. It's a freaky, scary, weird place where strange stuff, horrible stuff, happens. Overhyping it and fictionalizing it doesn't do anyone any good.
I think the book “Hunt for the Skinwalker” by Colem Kelleher and George Knapp is one of the best documentation’s of what has gone on there. Maybe not since Biggelo and the new guy bought it but to describe the activity, it is excellent.