Skills and hobbies

I also never answer the phone unless I know who's calling. I sometimes unplug the landline and switch the mobile to silent to ensure I get some peace and quiet!
We have had an onslaught of telemarketers and con artists calling all the time, so I turned off the ringer on my land line and put up this gadget that flashes a light to let me know the phone is ringing. Then I look at caller ID and ignore it if the number is unfamiliar.

I am thinking about getting a couple of wall clocks. My 88 year old aunt, who moved in with me in January, is always asking what time it is, and sometimes she doesn't realize when it is dinner time and gets a snack while I am preparing dinner. When I tell her how late it is she is surprised and puts the snack away so she can eat dinner. I know most young people don't even know how to read a wall clock.

As for the hobbies, I hope there are always going to be kids like my grandsons who love to build things and make things. The middle one started looking up youtube videos on how to make puppets when he was six. He started with sock puppets, looking up how to sew on buttons, etc so he could use buttons for eyes on his puppets. They he made elaborate paper bag puppets and went on to marionettes. The youngest is learning to crochet because his mother loves to crochet. The oldest has been building things since he was 4 or 5, and is now getting a welder's certificate, planning on getting more certificates because he has ideas he wants to build.
Oh boy my hobbies get me into doing dumb things. I am a painting contractor and like to refinish old furniture. Stuff that is passed down too me. One day I redid a old haunted clock. Yup ! Haunted. It would ring at the strangest times.
Unfortunately it was an antique and worth a gazillion dollars. D'oh

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
img_1_1648749313784.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Selectric and Debi
LOL i went threw the same thing with my mother im retired and had the room she is 81 got two wall clocks but had to get digital as well she kept asking morning or night so you defiantly know what time it is in my house found white boards help as well for meds and just general things .
I don't have to worry about meds, just have to keep a check on my aunt's comsumption of sugary snacks. I try to keep thiings she will eat handy that don't have all the preservatives and sugar, but I work full time so it is a struggle.

Reactions: Lynne