Skills and hobbies

I am thinking about getting a couple of wall clocks. My 88 year old aunt, who moved in with me in January, is always asking what time it is, and sometimes she doesn't realize when it is dinner time and gets a snack while I am preparing dinner. When I tell her how late it is she is surprised and puts the snack away so she can eat dinner. I know most young people don't even know how to read a wall clock.

As for the hobbies, I hope there are always going to be kids like my grandsons who love to build things and make things. The middle one started looking up youtube videos on how to make puppets when he was six. He started with sock puppets, looking up how to sew on buttons, etc so he could use buttons for eyes on his puppets. They he made elaborate paper bag puppets and went on to marionettes. The youngest is learning to crochet because his mother loves to crochet. The oldest has been building things since he was 4 or 5, and is now getting a welder's certificate, planning on getting more certificates because he has ideas he wants to build.

That just made me feel old i remember my first compass still have it .
Great article! I was just discussing this with my brother who is a professional artist. He sometimes gives all day workshops for teens, and was instructing one kid to write her name in cursive. She got indignant and thought that he was telling her to use swear words.:rolleyes: And, she had no idea what cursive was.

I don't answer numbers I don't know...lol Boy, did I learn MY lesson on that! ;) I'm also very, very bad at turning it off and forgetting I did.
Well, I think you were listening. Enjoying it. And then heard your name. Your phone rang.
I think cuss words were said before you answered. HAHA

I want to believe that the world is evolving and we as humans are evolving with it... but if that is so then the following doesn't fit well with me...

I hate to say it but it seems that skills and interests are merely just trends now...