Skeptics who became believers

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've never been skeptical of the paranormal, since I grew up witnessing and experiencing lots of weird stuff. My mother told us stories that made our hair stand on end, lol.
Same here but all my family bar my brother were skeptics. It's a great feeling when they have to admit there was no other explanation :).

I may have shared this story before, but it's one of my faves. My father had a habit of bringing stuff home that he found, like old furniture that people threw out. One night he brought home a wooden kitchen chair and left it standing in the middle of the floor in the girl's bedroom.

Very late at night, I became aware of an odd creaking noise. My sister and I sat up and stared in horror at the new chair. It sounded exactly like somebody was sitting in it, and moving about, restlessly. When we started calling for my father, he was annoyed at being woken, but soon realized that the chair was haunted. We were so glad that he took it away. Being thrifty, he merely broke the chair into pieces and used the wood for other things.

I may have shared this story before, but it's one of my faves. My father had a habit of bringing stuff home that he found, like old furniture that people threw out. One night he brought home a wooden kitchen chair and left it standing in the middle of the floor in the girl's bedroom.

Very late at night, I became aware of an odd creaking noise. My sister and I sat up and stared in horror at the new chair. It sounded exactly like somebody was sitting in it, and moving about, restlessly. When we started calling for my father, he was annoyed at being woken, but soon realized that the chair was haunted. We were so glad that he took it away. Being thrifty, he merely broke the chair into pieces and used the wood for other things.
Wow that's scary. We grew up with very open-minded parents and weird stuff happening too.

Reactions: garnetsilver
These were fun to read. I couldn't help but notice the first story sounded just like a recent recollection posted on the experience thread.