SiriusXM Customer Care Caveat

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hairway to Steven

Beware, my personal experience tells me that i do not want to ever call them back unless absolutely needed.
I upgraded my 14 day free (Canadian) trial to a year's subscription at half the price (around $55.00 Canadian) but my login or pass wouldn't work in the iOS app, so i called them. What a nightmare, after listening to two different ppl tell me that internet radio can ONLY be an add-on to a full subscription and that i needed to buy a physical radio I finally got a third person who just barely gave me my correct password. It was ridiculous, i read and re-read all the info i could from the Art Bell site on how to listen and other bits of info from their own site but they were more concerned with selling me radios. I was so mad, i told the two ppl i talked to that it was not apparent or evident ANYWHERE that i was buying a half of something...just ridiculous...good luck to anyone having to deal with them.

Key info for anyone in my plight: it won't say so in your confirmation of purchase e-mail but default password is your postal code (for Canada-capital letters, no spaces) and i dunno for united states but id have to assume zip code

Good luck and shame on you SiriusXM Customer Care for giving me a mini heart attack and frustrating me

That definitely sounds like terrible customer service. I understand the desire to upsell on things, but first things first: they should address your immediate issue. Sounds like they need some training.

Reactions: Shadow
I called for pricing today. I ran into the same thing sort of as Steven above. They quoted me a price, but then when I asked about internet, they said that is an extra charge every month. The cheapest per month without a promotion for internet only is like $14.49 per month. That's pretty steep to just get the one program I want - I don't need or want all the other stations as I already have an internet radio.

Just FYI.

Roy, just so you know, they offered me a promotion for half price, around fifty-ish for the year, and in my case i don't have or WANT any kind of physical radio ad the only programi want is Art's and therefore i will just d'l the show to my ios device and i'll have it to listen to later...hope you can straighten that out with them...

:)

Roy, just so you know, they offered me a promotion for half price, around fifty-ish for the year, and in my case i don't have or WANT any kind of physical radio ad the only programi want is Art's and therefore i will just d'l the show to my ios device and i'll have it to listen to later...hope you can straighten that out with them...

:)
Thanks Steven, good to know. That is about half of what they are telling me. I was quoted $46 for six months, and that was supposed to be a promotional rate?? I'll try calling them again.

I've had XM for about 10 years. They're VERY good at charging my CC and reminding when the expire date changes.:) All in all XM is pretty great tho, and I've had few problems with CS.

Reactions: Jadd
Status
Not open for further replies.