Singin' along....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
10698414_1012147992144628_4555876242016153659_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: NobleHouse

OK, I will bite on this one. If by 80's you mean the 1880's, I would be singing La Donna e Mobile by Giuseppe Verdi, or Nessun Dorma by Giacomo Puccini . And I would sing them louder !!

If you mean the 1980's, I would be singing an ABBA song - any ABBA song, but for sure The Winner Takes it All. Again, I would sing them louder and probably rock out in the car if someone looked at me.

Actually, I have sung both Opera and ABBA (and Queen, Simon and Garfunkle, Neil Diamond etc...)numerous times in my jeep, and the people in the other cars just smile. By the way, I thought people were supposed to sing loudly in their own cars. That is the fun of it !!

Last edited:
I might be spotted at a stoplight muttering to myself about nasty bumper stickers...or about the SUV tailgating me. I don't usually play the radio while driving since music could distract me. However, I did have an odd experience with a car radio last year. It suddenly began switching itself on while I was driving toward the house. I would have mentioned it to the mechanic at inspection time, but the activity stopped again just as abruptly as it had began.

Yikes ! That would freak me out. With my engineering background, I know that this should never happen.

I did mention this to friends and family, and they just said it was strange. No one seems to know what causes it. I thought maybe it was an electrical fault -- like loose wiring -- but someone said no, the radio shouldn't turn on like that even if the wiring had come loose.

The radio incident is even freakier than it sounds since the numbers on the radio dial when it turned itself on were identical to a date in my life when something very bad happened to me. And on the subject of 'haunted' electronics, one of my stereo systems in the house used to turn itself on by itself. That also stopped abruptly and hasn't re-occurred.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
I did mention this to friends and family, and they just said it was strange. No one seems to know what causes it. I thought maybe it was an electrical fault -- like loose wiring -- but someone said no, the radio shouldn't turn on like that even if the wiring had come loose.

The radio incident is even freakier than it sounds since the numbers on the radio dial when it turned itself on were identical to a date in my life when something very bad happened to me. And on the subject of 'haunted' electronics, one of my stereo systems in the house used to turn itself on by itself. That also stopped abruptly and hasn't re-occurred.
Wow that is strange. But these things do happen.

Reactions: CalicoBarnCat