Silly hidden talents

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Everybody has some sort of hidden talent...one you don't use a lot, but hey, ya got it. One of mine is the ability to recite the alphabet backwards...at speed! lol Something I learned in the 5th grade under the iron demands of one Mr. Rainey who insisted we all learn it or fail. :eek:

One of my kids can balance a spinning basketball on his finger but can't shoot a basket. I have friends who can whistle so loud it hurts your ears, another who can yodel, and one who simply can throw cards into a hat with amazing accuracy. Do you make fishing lures? Do you whittle? Can you make animal sounds?

What great hidden talent do you possess? :D

One hobby is refinishing old wood furniture. It goes along with the skill set of finishing new wood trim packages for homes and businesses. My one monkey trick is blending and layering stain colors to get the color the customer desires.:) It's handy when a piece of new wood has to match years of old mellowed wood. Almost as good with matching sheens.
Best compliment ever was when a master cabinet maker called me up when he was stuck.:cool:

One hobby is refinishing old wood furniture. It goes along with the skill set of finishing new wood trim packages for homes and businesses. My one monkey trick is blending and layering stain colors to get the color the customer desires.:) It's handy when a piece of new wood has to match years of old mellowed wood. Almost as good with matching sheens.
Best compliment ever was when a master cabinet maker called me up when he was stuck.:cool:
Knowing a "bit" about the industry myself, that WAS the ultlimate compliment, Paint. You must be GOOD! Most people wouldn't know how very difficult and complex a process that is...but I do. ;)

Thanks, I had a good 3rd grade art teacher who taught us about the 'color wheel.':p Oh, and trust in the powers of the unconscious mind. With enough mindful experience, you'll magically know what to do when the time comes. :)
Debi, that alphabet recital sounds cool.
Coolest trick I saw was basketball trick shots by a guy drafted by the Bulls. I'll try to find a youtube.

Thanks, I had a good 3rd grade art teacher who taught us about the 'color wheel.':p Oh, and trust in the powers of the unconscious mind. With enough mindful experience, you'll magically know what to do when the time comes. :)
Debi, that alphabet recital sounds cool.
Coolest trick I saw was basketball trick shots by a guy drafted by the Bulls. I'll try to find a youtube.
Actually, that old alphabet trick came in pretty handy in the days of manually filing paperwork! lol

Reactions: Paintman