Signs

Nice Debi - your Mom who wanted evidence delivered it to you instead.

When my Dad died I had two unresolved beefs with him - one was how years earlier when living at home I would turn on lights but not turn them off and the other was how he always wanted me to drive him places when he was quite capable of doing so himself.

After he died, I’d find the light inside my clothes closet turned on. When I’d quiz my roommates about it they’d call me forgetful because I was doing it myself. But I wasn’t because after the third occurrence I ensured before leaving for work that specific light was off. I also confirmed there wasn’t a second switch which might control the same light. But this continued even after both of my roommates moved and I lived alone.

On at least three occasions in just a couple of weeks while driving on the highway I saw other drivers glance over into my car passenger area and quite literally pull away from me with sincere looks of horror on their faces. I might not be handsome, but I’m not the Phantom of the Opera either. Something they saw in my car seemed to have scared them.

I still didn’t get the intent of the messages. Not until one morning when my alarm clock went off at 3:30. Thinking I accidentally mis-set the alarm, I immediately reset it for the right alarm setting. Exactly one hour later, the alarm went off again but my clock and the alarm both said 3:30 while the clock built into my TV cable box showed 4:30. It was at that moment that I acknowledged aloud that my Dad died at exactly 3:30 and the other two occurrences both stopped immediately.
It reads like your Dad is still around.

I’d like to think not because that all occurred 30 years ago. It all happen within about the first year after his death.

I did see a ‘ghost’ in my condo about ten years later. Though I immediately told several friends that I saw (what I implied to be a generic) ghost, I never stated until now that I sincerely believe it was my father. I recognized him. But he really scared me because he appeared crouching down - like with his knees bent and balancing on the balls of his feet - when I was meditating in the bathtub.

I think it’s reasonable to be freaked out anytime you open your eyes in the tub and are suddenly literally face to face with someone - spirit or not.

I think it’s reasonable to be freaked out anytime you open your eyes in the tub and are suddenly literally face to face with someone - spirit or not.
That would be unnerving to say the very least! lol

I’d like to think not because that all occurred 30 years ago. It all happen within about the first year after his death.

I did see a ‘ghost’ in my condo about ten years later. Though I immediately told several friends that I saw (what I implied to be a generic) ghost, I never stated until now that I sincerely believe it was my father. I recognized him. But he really scared me because he appeared crouching down - like with his knees bent and balancing on the balls of his feet - when I was meditating in the bathtub.

Just curious....are you a Witch and a Shaman?

Just curious....are you a Witch and a Shaman?

My belief systems are so very wide open - so thank you for asking NobleHouse. My username is essentially a reference to a large group of Wiccan who labeled me as ‘kind of a witch but more likely a shaman’ and they referred me to a few shaman they knew who were equally convinced that though I exhibit shamanistic tendencies they felt I was ‘more likely a witch’. So like those two groups I accept that my spiritual path includes some of both beliefs.

Though I have manipulated energy and matter through ritual like a witch, it is more common that my life is influenced by information I receive psychically like a shaman. What is different from shamanism is that I don’t purposely seek out that knowledge; instead it comes to me in an uncontrolled fashion.

Reactions: Debi
With that I have determined you are either a Shawitch or a Witman! :p
Reminding everyone that as with me, there are sometimes no perfect descriptions of what we are or specific religious/spiritual groups we can say "yes! That's me!" Which can be a real problem in the sense of filling out paperwork at hospitals that seem to want to know these things. :rolleyes:

When asked, I simply say Mystic and watch them roll their eyes. Sometimes I'll just say spiritual with no affiliation. Makes them write outside the box. :)

Reminding everyone that as with me, there are sometimes no perfect descriptions of what we are or specific religious/spiritual groups we can say "yes! That's me!" Which can be a real problem in the sense of filling out paperwork at hospitals that seem to want to know these things. :rolleyes:

When asked, I simply say Mystic and watch them roll their eyes. Sometimes I'll just say spiritual with no affiliation. Makes them write outside the box. :)
You should see the reaction I get. I can't even fit mine in the box!!

I am "The All-being Master of Time, Space and Dimension". :p:cool:

With that I have determined you are either a Shawitch or a Witman! :p

Those labels work too Seahunter. However, for the past 15 years I’ve come to appreciate the abbreviated name of “ShamWitch”. I chose early on not to use it though because the name always made me hungry. ;)

Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter