Signs

Those labels work too Seahunter. However, for the past 15 years I’ve come to appreciate the abbreviated name of “ShamWitch”. I chose early on not to use it though because the name always made me hungry. ;)
I think that you should change your last name to Shawitchman and see how many ask of the origin of your name. Thanks for sharing some of your history. It must be worrisome to get insights into the future at any given time (uncontrolled as you say) and perhaps not be able to do anything about it. What do you do with said information ?

Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
Those labels work too Seahunter. However, for the past 15 years I’ve come to appreciate the abbreviated name of “ShamWitch”. I chose early on not to use it though because the name always made me hungry. ;)
LOL - I almost did that, but since we just met I didn't want to be saying any form of "Sham" in case it sounded bad! :) I believe Debi said you also go by "Wand"?

LOL - I almost did that, but since we just met I didn't want to be saying any form of "Sham" in case it sounded bad! :) I believe Debi said you also go by "Wand"?

We’ll i just made ‘wands’ up for the forum because Debi pointed out my username was long. So I just grabbed the “W” and the “S” from the titles and slapped it on either side of the “And”...hence...WAndS.

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
I think that you should change your last name to Shawitchman and see how many ask of the origin of your name. Thanks for sharing some of your history. It must be worrisome to get insights into the future at any given time (uncontrolled as you say) and perhaps not be able to do anything about it. What do you do with said information ?

I always record said info into a journal 7Christie. I’m in the IT field so my journal is actually digital instead of on paper.

I share info too aloud with others but that has a huge complicated risk. So I’ve typically discussed info Ive received with either my longtime girlfriend (who is open about me and my own experiences but also generally skeptical at the same time of all others’ claims), my longtime male confidant (who practices Shamanism), or both. The difficult part is getting the info to them in a timely manner as I receive most of my info when I’m alone, and I don’t want to be intrusively crowding in on their times. Since in most cases (90%+) I can’t tell the source of my info, I have to also be careful who I share it with - if at all - because sometimes it is sensitive and personal information. Even without receiving a name, I’ve been known to share incomplete info that didn’t seem sensitive to me but when shared unknowingly with the wrong person - or the right person if you’re trying to keep score of your accurate psychic hits - the info can be harmful to them or others. Think of it this way, think of how youve felt in the past about being admonished by someone for some of your observable actions - being inapproately hostile, acting like a d*ck in public, moping around when others are trying to have a good time in your presence, etc. Now consider how you might feel if someone tells you something secret about yourself or your thoughts or your supposedly unknown actions while that someone doesn’t even recognize at all that those are facts about you. It would be very easy to say, “Hey WitchAndShaman don’t be sharing that stuff.” But not all info I receive is in context. So if I confided in you that I just got a really racy image of a hot blonde woman in a blue skirt sitting in the first row of a college lecture auditorium, and that just happened to be your best kept sexy time fantasy, you might take issue with the fact I said anything of the kind to you at all. When in reality, I was simply trying to tell you (for tracking and rating possible psychic hits) this random info I think I got from somewhere random.

This stuff can get really deep when you have to live it frequently. On my side selfishly, recognize that I used to have to constantly audit my thoughts to ensure that I was not going insane with all the random crap that would creep into my head. I mean who has these kinds of thoughts about inconsequential stuff that isn’t even happening to them...oh, crazy people do. So might I be going crazy as evidenced by these thoughts? And one more selfish point, think of what it might be like to discover that some of what you thought were your own original thoughts are actually coming from others around you and you don’t know which ones are coming from whom. For example, I don’t think I could have ever been in a job that required creating intellectual property because I cant know when I might be carelessly plagiarizing someone else’s works down to their individual word choices, punctuation, and even complicated and quirky sentence structure.

I’ll tell you that I do use my supposed talents in my job. I am a technical trainer for a large IT company. I ensure that my clients get the best education they can because I can feel when someone - maybe not the person I seem to be directing my conscious attention to - in the room is not comfortable with the technical material we’ve covered. Even when everyone in the room has volunteered that they are comfortable or even shown some mastery of the material through a test or other skills audit, I can generally feel what it is that someone is uncomfortable with even if I don’t know who that specific learner is. Then I use that anonymous knowledge to review the exact right set of material again to bring the entire classroom’s skills up a little bit without ‘outing’ any one particular person. I could not point to that person even if I wanted to because the info I receive ‘sounds’ like it is in my own voice - like I’m speaking to myself inside my head rather than the actual learner who needs help speaking to me in their own voice.

I don’t know personally a lot of psychic people. That’s why around 2000 I turned to Wiccans because I mistaken (innocently but prejudicely too) thought “Surely these kinds of people know how to read other people’s thoughts and they must all be really good at seeing the future too.” I’ve been really wrong about Wiccans I learned. I always seem to “see” visual psychic info with my own eyes not through someone else’s, I “hear” with my own ears, and as shared above I even “think” as if it is in my own voice. The key thing that helps me recognize it is coming from outside me is the emotions that come with the info. If the emotions are inappropriate for where I am at and what I am doing when I receive the info, then the info is most likely not originating from inside my own head.

Sincerely thank you for asking what I do with the info. Frankly, I’ve not given it as much though as I just did in probably 15 years. You ask some really great one sentence questions!

Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
We’ll i just made ‘wands’ up for the forum because Debi pointed out my username was long. So I just grabbed the “W” and the “S” from the titles and slapped it on either side of the “And”...hence...WAndS.
Well that was a clever idea! Everyone here has at least one or two nicknames, often more!

Reactions: Lynne

Hey 7Christie, no not another diatribe like the prior post.

You mentioned ‘...get insight into the future...’. I have undeniably received info about some future events before they happened. But please consider this complication in light of the fact that I receive other peoples’ thoughts and most often don’t recognize such to Have happened. It actually might be possible that many of the ‘future events’ that I have seen are in fact not glimpses into the future at all. They very well might be instead only other people’s then-current thoughts that I received concurrently when they are thinking about their own intended future actions. Later when I encounter the facts that seem to jive with my earlier psychic insight, I could be wrongly interpreting some of these instances as ‘seeing the future’ when I was actually ‘hearing in the present’ instead.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Hey 7Christie, no not another diatribe like the prior post.

You mentioned ‘...get insight into the future...’. I have undeniably received info about some future events before they happened. But please consider this complication in light of the fact that I receive other peoples’ thoughts and most often don’t recognize such to Have happened. It actually might be possible that many of the ‘future events’ that I have seen are in fact not glimpses into the future at all. They very well might be instead only other people’s then-current thoughts that I received concurrently when they are thinking about their own intended future actions. Later when I encounter the facts that seem to jive with my earlier psychic insight, I could be wrongly interpreting some of these instances as ‘seeing the future’ when I was actually ‘hearing in the present’ instead.
I'm still seeing you as an Empath. A true, 100% empath without shields. That is why you not only "see" and know things, you feel the emotions as well.

As for Wiccans, not all Wiccans have psychic abilities. They may work with energy, yes, but everyone can do that. Intention is a powerful tool and there is now science to back that up. Magic is nothing more than intention manifested. There are also so many traditions of Wiccans, you may have met up with a group that was not resonating with you. There are so many traditions of them that I liken it to denominations in the Christian faith.