Signs

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Today is the 7th anniverary of my mom's passing. This one has been a bit of a struggle for me, as I have an unresolved issue with it and just figured out what that issue was.
I needed a sign today that she understood something that happened 7 years ago.

When mom was alive, she was a woman who went to church each week but always wanted proof. Solid, physical proof. I used to tease her that she either wanted an Angel to sky-write her a message or for God to leave her a business card. This was an ongoing joke and she always said she'd prefer the business card, please.

Sitting here this afternoon, I simply had a conversation with her. About an hour later, I look over and on the floor lies a business card. Now, I have business cards from many people so didn't think anything of it and just picked it up. And then I looked at it. And then I just had to start laughing.

When mom was dying, she was in St. Mary's in Hobart. I made friends with a nun there that was connected with mom from a business standpoint at the Chamber of Commerce where mom worked. Sr. Mary Ellen was head of Mission Integration at St. Mary's and spent a lot of time with my mom at her bedside. I vaguely remember she handed me a business card. Haven't seen that card in 7 years. Until, you guessed it...TODAY.

There it was, on the floor, in pristine condition. Mom sent me God's business card.

Here's a partial pic of it, as I don't know if Sister Mary Ellen is still there and don't want her phone number exposed here.

IMG_20171003_171750.jpg

Every hair is standing on end!!!
Incredible!!!! So happy for you.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
that's awesome! hope that helped you somehow.

Reactions: Lynne
Good story. I'm glad that you and your Mom got the sign that you were looking for.

I have no doubt that card was probably laying in a corner with a few dust bunnies for quite some time, but the synchronistic sudden appearance of it I have no doubt was my mom shoving it out of the corner.

Reactions: T-Bob and 7Critter
I'm saddened to hear of your mom's passing. But that experience you just described is just freakin cool! :D I'm glad you experienced that :)

Nice Debi - your Mom who wanted evidence delivered it to you instead.

When my Dad died I had two unresolved beefs with him - one was how years earlier when living at home I would turn on lights but not turn them off and the other was how he always wanted me to drive him places when he was quite capable of doing so himself.

After he died, I’d find the light inside my clothes closet turned on. When I’d quiz my roommates about it they’d call me forgetful because I was doing it myself. But I wasn’t because after the third occurrence I ensured before leaving for work that specific light was off. I also confirmed there wasn’t a second switch which might control the same light. But this continued even after both of my roommates moved and I lived alone.

On at least three occasions in just a couple of weeks while driving on the highway I saw other drivers glance over into my car passenger area and quite literally pull away from me with sincere looks of horror on their faces. I might not be handsome, but I’m not the Phantom of the Opera either. Something they saw in my car seemed to have scared them.

I still didn’t get the intent of the messages. Not until one morning when my alarm clock went off at 3:30. Thinking I accidentally mis-set the alarm, I immediately reset it for the right alarm setting. Exactly one hour later, the alarm went off again but my clock and the alarm both said 3:30 while the clock built into my TV cable box showed 4:30. It was at that moment that I acknowledged aloud that my Dad died at exactly 3:30 and the other two occurrences both stopped immediately.