Signs of life on Mars

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Breakthrough in search for Martian life as Curiosity finds organic matter and seasonal methane | Daily Mail Online

Curiosity rover has uncovered signatures of an environment on the red plant that may once have been habitable.

In two separate studies on data collected by the Mars rover over the last few years, scientists have identified an abundant source of organic matter in the ancient soil, and traced some of the planet’s atmospheric methane to its roots.

The findings could help to guide the search for ancient microbial life and improve our understanding of seasonal processes on Mars.

NASA revealed details on the latest findings in a press conference Thursday afternoon.

Read the findings at link!

Reactions: Paintman
I'm sorry but you know I can't pass this up

Methane .. So cow flatulence caused global warming on Mars too ?? We need take heed . :eek:
Hmmmm. Now what I learned is similar. Global warming causes cows to have more flatulence, which causes more global warming. It's a vicious cycle .Therefore we should eat more hamburgers. It'll save the planet.

Sincerely, Paintman
1990 Graduate - Ronald McDonald University

Shhh
Don't break my cover. My secret missions are on hold while I check out all of these new members.

But please still feel free to donate to my, I mean our planet's cause! ! Personal checks accepted.
buzz_squirrel2.jpg

Heard last night that NASA has had this information for years but "suddenly" they are announcing it as new? Hmmmm....

Reactions: Mokey and Paintman
Time to fire up the campfire and bbq some steaks & burgers like Paintman said it'll help save the planet ;)

Richard Hoagland has been screaming this for years. Not new. I thought it was common belief that something happened on mars like a nucukar war that destroyed the aptmosphere.

Reactions: Paintman