Should non-human beings have rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not have a pet, but even i understand they are not property...they become family. If they deserve rights, well that's a sticky slope as until they can answer/defend themselves, then it'd be up to the ones that care for them to decide what is right. Anyone that doesn't have the best of intentions should not have a pet nor decide for them.

I've been an animal person all my life and they deserve to be cared for properly but this could be a slippery slope if they're not careful. We don't want a lawsuit every time we bake a chicken, which PETA would like, lol.

I'm glad Spain is on board with this because the way they treat their hunting dog, the Galgo is appalling. At the end of each hunting season these greyhound type dogs are either hung or dumped a lot of the time. They are left to die with injuries from hunting also. This action makes me dislike that place.

I'm glad Spain is on board with this because the way they treat their hunting dog, the Galgo is appalling. At the end of each hunting season these greyhound type dogs are either hung or dumped a lot of the time. They are left to die with injuries from hunting also. This action makes me dislike that place.
They have banned greyhound racing here for much the same reasons. Once done racing, they were put to death. Awful!

They have banned greyhound racing here for much the same reasons. Once done racing, they were put to death. Awful!
That's good. I love watching dogs run but what happens to most which aren't fast enough is terrible. I wish they would ban it here, the majority of greyhound people are not dog people at all and a lot of cruelty goes on. Because I catch rabbits a large amount of greyhound trainers try to buy rabbits off me to train their dogs. They tie them alive to the electric bunny and let the dogs maul them, they also use possums and piglets. I humanely dispatch the rabbits when caught and they are used for food and skins. I hate the greyhound racing industry, greyhounds are beautiful dogs and were only owned by royalty in the past, how times have changed. Sorry for the ramble but I'm passionate about this.

• Love it
Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
That's good. I love watching dogs run but what happens to most which aren't fast enough is terrible. I wish they would ban it here, the majority of greyhound people are not dog people at all and a lot of cruelty goes on. Because I catch rabbits a large amount of greyhound trainers try to buy rabbits off me to train their dogs. They tie them alive to the electric bunny and let the dogs maul them, they also use possums and piglets. I humanely dispatch the rabbits when caught and they are used for food and skins. I hate the greyhound racing industry, greyhounds are beautiful dogs and were only owned by royalty in the past, how times have changed. Sorry for the ramble but I'm passionate about this.
I totally understand the passion there. You see things as I do on this.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Status
Not open for further replies.