Shopping

I do both. I have found that more and more I am buying from Amazon. I hate to admit it but with covid and stores not having in stock items it’s just easier. However I do all my grocery shopping in person.

I made the mistake of ordering sneakers off of Dick's Sporting Goods website.
Had to return them to the store.
The covid shortages just hit that store pretty hard. Couldn't find my size.

That store was like a Potemkin village. The shelves look like they were stocked but they were only one item deep.

I was talking to the owner of the True Value hardware store that I frequent. They have to order stuff when it's available. Just-in-time inventory seems like a thing of the past. Last week they had to order BBQ grills for next spring and summer. Got to pay for them and store them. It ties up their money.

Reactions: Paulm and Benway
I made the mistake of ordering sneakers off of Dick's Sporting Goods website.
Had to return them to the store.
The covid shortages just hit that store pretty hard. Couldn't find my size.

That store was like a Potemkin village. The shelves look like they were stocked but they were only one item deep.

I was talking to the owner of the True Value hardware store that I frequent. They have to order stuff when it's available. Just-in-time inventory seems like a thing of the past. Last week they had to order BBQ grills for next spring and summer. Got to pay for them and store them. It ties up their money.
I'm finding it difficult on the grocery orders these days as well. Many items are not even offered at this point and there are "limits". That's not to mention the prices! YIKES! I watched Doritos family size go from 15 oz. to 14.5, and then jump 50 cents a bag in two weeks. That kind of thing adds up.

Tomorrow we are in search of a car part. Wish us luck.

Did everyone hear about the coming turkey shortage? Get yours when ya can find one!

Reactions: Paulm
I'm finding it difficult on the grocery orders these days as well. Many items are not even offered at this point and there are "limits". That's not to mention the prices! YIKES! I watched Doritos family size go from 15 oz. to 14.5, and then jump 50 cents a bag in two weeks. That kind of thing adds up.

Tomorrow we are in search of a car part. Wish us luck.

Did everyone hear about the coming turkey shortage? Get yours when ya can find one!
Did anyone warn the Turkeys !

Wow. Just tried to order a few groceries online. No fritos, no little apple pies for the guys, no hamburger, limited chicken and pork. Frozen foods? Not much in stock at our Walmart. Luckily, I have food here.

Did anyone warn the Turkeys !
There's a "Rural King" farm supply store a few miles from my daughter's. Every spring they sell baby turkeys (poults?). They are weird looking. Longer necks than chicks, and longer gangly legs.

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
There's a "Rural King" farm supply store a few miles from my daughter's. Every spring they sell baby turkeys (poults?). They are weird looking. Longer necks than chicks, and longer gangly legs.
I've seen them! Like gangly teens only littler. lol I always raised my chickens from chicks I got from Tractor Supply. Also had a boxer who "herded" them back to the hen house at night. It was hysterical watching this big old boxer wrangling her chickens.

616db2892d9be616db2892d9bf.jpg

You think you've got it rough? How about these poor people?

View attachment 35630

You think you've got it rough? How about these poor people?
ACK! No donuts??

I read earlier that it's more than just products. It's ingredients, containers, bottles, packaging in general. One meat processor had no styrofoam trays to put the meat he had IN. And it's required it be in one.

At the moment, I can only get Coke Zero in cans due to a bottle shortage. Husband is not happy.