Shopping

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

HOW MUCH OF YOUR SHOPPING IS DONE ON-LINE THESE DAYS?
FROM GROCERY PICK UP SHOPPING TO AMAZON, MOST OF MINE IS DONE THIS WAY.
DO YOU PREFER IN-STORE OR DO YOU RELY ON THE ONLINE CONVENIENCE?

245996427_4729787600374019_7729415507702315382_n.jpg

I shop for non perishables mostly on line, such as toiletries, some snacks, and such. We do the bulk of our shopping for meats from the farmer's market, and some from local supermarkets. I also order health supplements online from places like Vitacost. I also like to support small business whenever I can.

I will order some things online and have started the kroger thing for a lot of stuff, but most of my shopping is still done in store.

Out of stock replacements were a problem anyway, but given the shortages of random items all the time now in the UK, I fear that if I ordered online I could end up with a totally random surprise box. The only sensible thing is to mask up well (I'm also enjoying the totally out of control covid) and go in person, then pick from whatever they have in that day. I often visit the 24 hour petrol station to buy odd things.
When, during my childhood, I ever envisaged life in the 21st century being post apocalyptic, I did at least think it would be caused by a nuclear war rather than just mundane idiocy. I never in my wildest imaginings thought I'd be wearing a facemask in a petrol station at 3AM buying food to 'Jungle Boogie' (on their sound system - they let rip at night) and that would seem normal.
Ah well, you live and learn.

Last edited:
I buy groceries at the store because it's fairly convenient. The store is about halfway between the house and the school so I can easily get whatever groceries I need for dinner or the next day when picking up the kids.

I have ordered some clothes online but prefer to get them myself in the store. I recently had to buy socks and it was a stressful experience. It may sound silly but being in the military I learned the importance of socks and taking care of your feet. So not only am I a bit pick on socks but I also try to buy the exact same kind every time so that I never have to worry about matching them. Having all matching socks is great for getting dressed in the morning but it requires a bit more work when buying. I need to pickup every package of socks and examine them for shape, thickness, cuff pattern, toe seam, ect. A few months ago the stores started running short on socks, so I couldn't find the right kind and I reluctantly turned to Amazon. No exaggeration, I spent a full week looking at socks and reading reviews before finding some that sounded right. Up until they arrived I was worried that I'd not be able to get my old socks again and would have to completely replace them all with this new brand. Fortunately it worked out and my feet are happy.

I have ordered some clothes online but prefer to get them myself in the store. I recently had to buy socks and it was a stressful experience. It may sound silly but being in the military I learned the importance of socks and taking care of your feet. So not only am I a bit pick on socks but I also try to buy the exact same kind every time so that I never have to worry about matching them. Having all matching socks is great for getting dressed in the morning but it requires a bit more work when buying. I need to pickup every package of socks and examine them for shape, thickness, cuff pattern, toe seam, ect. A few months ago the stores started running short on socks, so I couldn't find the right kind and I reluctantly turned to Amazon. No exaggeration, I spent a full week looking at socks and reading reviews before finding some that sounded right. Up until they arrived I was worried that I'd not be able to get my old socks again and would have to completely replace them all with this new brand. Fortunately it worked out and my feet are happy.
I do not order clothes on line either. the sock story is funny. i used to be that way with clothes. every shirt and pants i had was either black or white. and a few pair of jeans. easy to match no matter what you pulled out...lol. and all white socks of the same brand and style. ahh. life was simpler then...lol

I buy groceries at the store because it's fairly convenient. The store is about halfway between the house and the school so I can easily get whatever groceries I need for dinner or the next day when picking up the kids.

When we were teens, my Dad got tired our my brothers and me raiding his sock drawer. He bought at least a dozen pairs of really ugly yellow socks, about the color of spicy mustard, and they became his every day sock from that point on. If we grabbed his socks, that's what we had to wear. I never remember wearing them.

When he died a few years back, as we were cleaning out his stuff I found a couple pairs of them. They may have faded over the years, but they were still ugly.

This forum has "sock" issues, I'm tellin' ya! lol T-Bob is known for having over a dozen pairs disappear and never found again, recently someone else had socks go MIA, and now you with more socks! lol Adding Duke's story in, I'm gonna ask Santa to bring you all new socks this year!