Ship's camera films ghost?

Lots of iffy things here, both in the video and the write up. This appears to be a video taken with a hand held device (note the shaking/movement of the handheld, especially in the first 15 secs) of a video (shown on a computer screen) from the ship's video security system. That seems a bit odd. Assuming someone is holding a camera on the bridge to video the video, this clearly contradicts the statement all the crew were ordered to their rooms.

I find it difficult to believe the ship was sailing with no lights, and even more difficult to believe the bridge of the ship was not manned while the ship was sailing. Either/both of those scenarios would seem to put the ship and its crew at greater risk than attack by pirates as the number of pirate attacks off Somalia have shrunk to almost zero. (Only two half hearted, unsuccessful attacks off Somalia this year that I can find.)

I see both the "orb" and "apparition," but have no informed opinion as to what they are or how they might have been created. It's the backstory that makes no sense.

Reactions: Paulm