Shatner going to space at age 90

He MIGHT die going but what a great way to go!!! How many 90-year-olds get to go on a last GREAT adventure. I would go EVEN if I knew that I wouldn't survive the return.

• Love it
Reactions: Debi
Is Shatner taking a chance at this age? Yup. But ya know, why not? Capt. Kirk needs this.
And the publicity Bezos will get out of this is priceless.

And the publicity Bezos will get out of this is priceless.
I get all these millionaires mixed up with their fancy rockets. I think I have Musk with the right one now. If I've got this right, Bezo's is the one with the short "trip" of about 3 hours up there.

I think it's kind of cool Shatner gets to do this. At one point he was willing to be satisfied if his ashes got to space! At least now he gets the real deal after spending years with the Capt. Kirk identity.

If I had the money, this is one person I would personally buy a ticket for. However, I would not have chosen Blue Origin.

I have nothing against Bezos' company, nor what he has achieved, but if "the man", Captain James Tiberius Kirk, is to go back into space (!), then he should go into space - not just to the edge of it (presuming, of course, he is physically capable of doing so).

It is a bit like teasing Mary Poppins with a visit to the M25 instead of Westminister.............. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Debi
Is Shatner taking a chance at this age? Yup. But ya know, why not? Capt. Kirk needs this.
Yes he is taking a chance at his age but with Shatner its all the money.

He may be hoping to rejuvenate by stretching his telomeres. This space phenomenon is suppose to extend life span, so I’ve heard.