Shamanic Journey

jayiniowa

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I've decided recently to dive into Shamanism. I thought back at some past experiences I've had and realized they were kinda Shamanic in nature. I've always felt like I was missing some aspect of my life, and I think it was Shamanism. So I'm gonna give it a go.

So the other day I attempted a Shamanic journey. I played a drum track, called on the elements, the directions, the helper spirits of the land, my helper spirits, the ancestors of the land, and my ancestors to help me on this journey. The intent of my journey was to discover where the depression I've suffered from my whole life came from. It was my belief that a series of events from when I was a child caused the depression, and I wanted to address this in my journey. I asked that I receive my answers while I was dreaming, which is always how I've received messages in the past.

So I fell asleep with the drums beating. The short version of the dream is this: It was daylight, and I was walking. There were a few old, but not rundown buildings around. I came upon a nice building, I remember it was an off white with decorative red trim. In front of this building was a jumbled mess of twisted black metal. This twisted metal was my depression. As I looked at it a male figure (helping spirit) walked onto a balcony above me. This person yelled down at me "It's always been there".

So, what I'm taking from this is that I was born with depression. I actually feel pretty good about knowing that. Trying to get rid of it spiritually would have failed if I was trying to address it from the view points of the events I had as a child, which I thought was the cause.I can now address it from the right perspective.

I've decided recently to dive into Shamanism. I thought back at some past experiences I've had and realized they were kinda Shamanic in nature. I've always felt like I was missing some aspect of my life, and I think it was Shamanism. So I'm gonna give it a go.

So the other day I attempted a Shamanic journey. I played a drum track, called on the elements, the directions, the helper spirits of the land, my helper spirits, the ancestors of the land, and my ancestors to help me on this journey. The intent of my journey was to discover where the depression I've suffered from my whole life came from. It was my belief that a series of events from when I was a child caused the depression, and I wanted to address this in my journey. I asked that I receive my answers while I was dreaming, which is always how I've received messages in the past.

So I fell asleep with the drums beating. The short version of the dream is this: It was daylight, and I was walking. There were a few old, but not rundown buildings around. I came upon a nice building, I remember it was an off white with decorative red trim. In front of this building was a jumbled mess of twisted black metal. This twisted metal was my depression. As I looked at it a male figure (helping spirit) walked onto a balcony above me. This person yelled down at me "It's always been there".

So, what I'm taking from this is that I was born with depression. I actually feel pretty good about knowing that. Trying to get rid of it spiritually would have failed if I was trying to address it from the view points of the events I had as a child, which I thought was the cause.I can now address it from the right perspective.
Thank you for sharing your first steps on the journey, Jay. Very interesting.

I have struggled with depression since childhood, so it's great to read about your progress and your journey towards healing!

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Jay, thanks for sharing. We all deal with bouts of sadness and malaise even if not full on depression, so your journey will help all who read here. I come at everything from a Christian viewpoint although I totally respect all journeys to the creator. Be careful and protect yourself that in your journey you connect with only positive forces.

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm