Shadow Man Jogging / Other Experiences

lilchooble

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope everyone either had, or is currently having a good spring break. I've spent my morning scaring myself with stories about home invasion, ghosts, demons, etc. and I thought I should share my brief, but memorable encounters with what I think might've been the paranormal.

I'm currently 17 and I believe this first encounter took place when I was 13-15. (sometime in between 8th and 9th grade where I'm from)

I remember it clearly. I was just waking up from a nap in my dad's room and looked out his window at our front lawn and street. It was the middle of a clear and sunny day so there's no way it was just the shadow of a cloud. On the other side of our street a man was jogging. Except nobody was there. It was like a shadow of somebody. Like I'm sure you all know how shadows stretch and shrink depending on where the light is coming from. This shadow didn't. It was as if there was an invisible wall there and a person in front of it. Except there wasn't. It was the perfect outline of a man. I could see straight through it and whatever it jogged by was changed to the muted grayish color that shadows are. I saw my neighbor's lawn, a tree, the bottom of my neighbor's fence etc. I rubbed my eyes a few times just to see if I was seeing things but no, this weird shadow guy was there, just taking a leisurely jog through my neighborhood. I watched him for a while bewildered. The weird shadow guy didn't really move in regular time. Like he was jogging in almost slow motion. He would bound up kind of slowly and then come back down just as slow. Almost like gravity affected him differently. After that I went out to my living room to check if I was just seeing things again. Nope. There the guy was. Still jogging at the same pace. That's really all that happened the first time I saw him. The second time it was a bit more interesting.

I'm not too sure how old I was the second time I saw the shadow guy but it was a similar situation. I was waking up from a nap in my living room and happened to look out our large rectangular window that looks out on our front lawn and street. There he was again! Still at the same pace, with the same figure, translucency, and color. This time I made the mistake of going over to my door and opening it to get a better look at him. I took a step out onto my front step and immediately realized I had made a mistake. He slowly turned towards me and began jogging at the same pace in my direction. Almost instantly I got an uneasy and scared feeling in my stomach, went back inside and closed my door. He turned back to the direction he was going in before and continued at the same pace down the street. Afterwards I could feel my heart beating in my chest and that I was breathing kind of heavy. I'm not too sure what would've happened had I stayed outside but believe me when I say I'm glad I didn't stick around to find out because I'm sure it wouldn't have been good.

I did a little bit of digging on my area (Ellicott City) and couldn't find anything on people that had died while jogging in and around my neighborhood so I have to say I'm stumped.

I do remember something I read in a book one time though. Keep in mind it definitely wasn't a nonfiction book as when I did read for fun I wasn't into those. What it was called I can't quite remember, but I do remember the description of it. It was something about shadows/spirits that walks down streets/roads. If you're on the road with it you're supposed to either cross the street to the other side or run away from it (can't remember which). If you let it run through you it's supposed to steal your soul or something like that.

Whether that's an actual description of something or just something that was in the book I don't know, but I thought it was weird how it almost perfectly described what I'd seen. Like it was almost too similar to just be a coincidence. I don't know.

I'll update this post if I ever see him again but since the second sighting I haven't witnessed him.

Now, onto something different.

My house was built in 1963 and before we moved in I heard from my mom that an old couple had lived in the house and one of them had died inside. There are a lot of things that have happened to my sister and I that could be considered paranormal but I'll just describe the few that I remember the most clearly.

It was the middle of the night and I had woken up for whatever reason. For less than a second I saw an old lady. The lady was sort of hunched forward and facing away from me. She turned in my direction very quickly before disappearing completely. She had white hair in patches, was very skinny and decomposing in several places (so much that I could see bone), but her most prominent feature was her jaw. It was detached from one side of her face and sort of hanging off the other. Despite her mouth and face decomposing to the point where discolored flesh was hanging off her face her teeth were perfectly white. After that I just lay awake for a while staring at where she had just been. Nothing. I thought I saw an outline but I wasn't too sure. That was all I saw of her. I haven't seen her since that time but I still think about it every now and then. It was weird.

This next one is actually kind of funny. It's in the same house but this time I was in my room at night. I was awake and on my phone and my door was open a crack. All of a sudden it opens all the way kind of slowly and hits my wall. From the hallway I hear footsteps walk up to my bed and turn around but nothing is there. All I say is (not verbatim), "Why you gotta creep me out like that bruh. It ain't cool", and I hear footsteps leave the room and the door closes. It happened a few more times but at differing points in the day before I realized that all of them had a commonality. My door was either open a crack, or all the way, and everyone had to be asleep or I had to be home alone. So, I started closing my door all the way and guess what happened. It stopped! I haven't really heard from it since so I hope whatever it was found its peace as it was a pretty chill spirit/ghost.

I talked to my sister about it. She says some similarly weird stuff has happened to her since we moved in as well.

This one actually happened this morning right after I woke up. I kept trying to close my eyes to go back to sleep but I kept hearing a tapping on my pillow. I couldn't feel it mind you. I just heard it. Every time i closed my eyes. It continued until my mom came in and opened my door to let me know she was going somewhere. Afterwards the tapping stopped.

So if I'm not crazy, either there's a new ghost/spirit that came in after one of my parents opened my door to check on me during the night, or its the same one and it just got stuck after coming in during the same occurrence.

If its the same one, sorry you haven't found your peace yet. If its new, what's up yo, hope you like my house I guess.

If you've read this far, thank you. And if you're interested just let me know. I'll try to keep this updated if more stuff happens.

Posted this on reddit as well

Spirits are all over, they really don't like to be seen half the time but sometimes we spot them!
As for the ghost in your house, sometimes ppl love the home so much that even after death they stay.
Do a cleansing or have your folks have someone come in to do it if it is to much.

Spirits are all over, they really don't like to be seen half the time but sometimes we spot them!
As for the ghost in your house, sometimes ppl love the home so much that even after death they stay.
Do a cleansing or have your folks have someone come in to do it if it is to much.
The ghost in my house isn't bothering me, it's just the idea of someone being stuck somewhere forever w/o any kind of rest. I don't really want her to suffer I guess?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Understand then you need to move her on if she wants to go. Some will move on others decide to stay. If you want her to be at peace then I suggest you get help to move her on.
Sometimes spirits need a little help.

Welcome to the forum. I noticed a lot of your sightings come right after or before going to sleep. Your brain may be going into, or staying in a state that is receptive to seeing these things. Thanks for sharing your accounts.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Understand then you need to move her on if she wants to go. Some will move on others decide to stay. If you want her to be at peace then I suggest you get help to move her on.
Sometimes spirits need a little help.
Okay thank you. I'll look into having someone come and help me out.

Welcome to the forum. I noticed a lot of your sightings come right after or before going to sleep. Your brain may be going into, or staying in a state that is receptive to seeing these things. Thanks for sharing your accounts.
I've considered that. I'm not really too sure myself.

Reactions: Lynne
My personal opinion is that most likely there are entities lingering in your house, I don’t know if it’s the spirit of one of the couple who had died there. (Sorry about any grammatical errors or anything btw). I also usually see shadows and similar after waking up or before going to bed. Must had been terrifying seeing that lady. Also, from experience Ill tell you to never run away from a spirit if you happen to cross paths when you're on the street (Especially at night) , just back away slowly. Don’t turn your back to it either. This usually applies when you're on a crossroad. Negative spirits don’t like your presence in their places at night.

Now, the jogging shadow, listen, I personally would say to not give attention to any shadows or think about them, in my case they go away. But if somethings up with your house’s past, and spirits visit your place due to something bad that had happened there, or even due to black magic had being done there or close to your house, these things won’t go away. Bad events such as murder or suicide trigger negative entities.

Now, if your family sees these things as well, then I’m sure something’s up with your house or your neighborhood. Black magic was done in my neighborhood, and we all used to see terrible things until we had brought a priest to do one of his holy stuff or whatever it’s called to make the negative things go away.

Keep in mind, fear makes it stronger, attention also does, in case of course where the spirit wasn’t living there before you came and no ghosts linger there. If I misunderstood anything I’m sorry, I’m not the best at explaining things. In my opinion Im telling you to research your house’s past more and your neighborhood’s past as well if this keeps going on. And do a cleansing thing if necessary. Good luck.

Reactions: ParanormalMom