Shadow creature encounter?

Quibs

Reaction score
This is my first post, I’m writing my experience here in hopes of getting some opinions on my situation. Any insight about what I could be experiencing would be very much appreciated!

It all started about two weeks ago. It was late on a Sunday night at my home, about 11pm, and I was going outside to vape. I quit smoking a while ago but still enjoy the ritual. When I went outside and sat down I got out my vape from my pocket, that’s when I looked up and saw it. On one of the scraggly branches of the dead tree which is tangled in the hedge was the silhouette of a bird. A BIG bird.

For some reason, the moment that I saw it I froze, and I was filled with a feeling of dread. I felt sick. For a few minutes I just stared at it, trying to summon the courage to move. Eventually, I got out my phone and turned on the flash, pointed it at the bird and approached.

As I got closer to it, I came to realise that it definitely wasn’t a bird. The light wasn’t bouncing off of it, it was as if there wasn’t anything there to reflect the light, like it was just a void. I felt so unwell being so close to it, and it still hadn’t moved.

I went back to my chair and stared at it. The longer I stared, the bigger it got, and soon it was a vague humanoid shape, maybe 7ft and the edges were really blurred. I couldn’t look away.

That feeling of dread I had kept increasing til I couldn’t take it and I went inside. Once I felt better, maybe an hour later, I went back outside, and it was gone.

Since then I have felt as though I am being watched, especially when I go out the back to vape, so I stopped doing that. At night I started to hear footsteps in my house, which previously had no activity and I’ve been having some odd dreams.

I cleansed my home with sage four days ago, but the footsteps have progressed to stomping. I have not seen the shadow creature since my first encounter.

I am going to follow the steps in the post “Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems” and hope that this clears it up.

Again, any insight into what I might be experiencing would be appreciated!

This is my first post, I’m writing my experience here in hopes of getting some opinions on my situation. Any insight about what I could be experiencing would be very much appreciated!

It all started about two weeks ago. It was late on a Sunday night at my home, about 11pm, and I was going outside to vape. I quit smoking a while ago but still enjoy the ritual. When I went outside and sat down I got out my vape from my pocket, that’s when I looked up and saw it. On one of the scraggly branches of the dead tree which is tangled in the hedge was the silhouette of a bird. A BIG bird.

For some reason, the moment that I saw it I froze, and I was filled with a feeling of dread. I felt sick. For a few minutes I just stared at it, trying to summon the courage to move. Eventually, I got out my phone and turned on the flash, pointed it at the bird and approached.

As I got closer to it, I came to realise that it definitely wasn’t a bird. The light wasn’t bouncing off of it, it was as if there wasn’t anything there to reflect the light, like it was just a void. I felt so unwell being so close to it, and it still hadn’t moved.

I went back to my chair and stared at it. The longer I stared, the bigger it got, and soon it was a vague humanoid shape, maybe 7ft and the edges were really blurred. I couldn’t look away.

That feeling of dread I had kept increasing til I couldn’t take it and I went inside. Once I felt better, maybe an hour later, I went back outside, and it was gone.

Since then I have felt as though I am being watched, especially when I go out the back to vape, so I stopped doing that. At night I started to hear footsteps in my house, which previously had no activity and I’ve been having some odd dreams.

I cleansed my home with sage four days ago, but the footsteps have progressed to stomping. I have not seen the shadow creature since my first encounter.

I am going to follow the steps in the post “Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems” and hope that this clears it up.

Again, any insight into what I might be experiencing would be appreciated!

Hi Quibs, and welcome. That's one disturbing story, certainly different than any shadow figure description I've heard in the past. The feeling of dread and illness is not uncommon, but the shape is unique to me. I'm sure others here will be able to offer more helpful inputs for you.

Hi Quibs
Saging is good. Not just your home but sage yourself daily. Morning and evening.That is just my opinion and others will say it doesnt help, Ive found it does. If you have a religion start asking for guidance in prayer. If not, St Michael IMO doesnt care what religion you are but will help if asked. There are lots of things involved in paranormal stuff Ive learned. The more you learn the more you will be able to cope and thrive in the long run.

Hi Quibs
Saging is good. Not just your home but sage yourself daily. Morning and evening.That is just my opinion and others will say it doesnt help, Ive found it does. If you have a religion start asking for guidance in prayer. If not, St Michael IMO doesnt care what religion you are but will help if asked. There are lots of things involved in paranormal stuff Ive learned. The more you learn the more you will be able to cope and thrive in the long run.
I will certainly try this! I have found in the past that saging has helped immensely so I will definitely keep it up, and I will try praying to St Michael as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walking Goose
I will certainly try this! I have found in the past that saving has helped immensely so I will definitely keep it up, and I will try praying to St Michael as well.

Reactions: Quibs
Hi Quibs
Good advice I agree. Praying the St Michael prayer over your self and property is effective. As for what this is, I really don’t know. We have heard stories of shape shifting entities but nobody knows that they really are. Demons, Djinn, interdimensional brings, Aliens , the list is long. All observers can note is that certain things seem to work in certain circumstances. Once one sees the paranormal, it seems to see you back. Now is the time to grasp ahold of your faith and set your own will against interference in your life. Keep us updated.

Reactions: Walking Goose