September....Just Around The Corner

Well, my school years memories include: Excitement over my new school outfits from Sears, Roebuck, the smell of new shoes, crisp, new sheets of notebook paper and binders, new pencils, pens, and begging for a new lunch box with a thermos. The other was the extra thick TV Guide that showed all the new fall programming. Looking forward to chilly autumn days, and all the leaf piles we would wade through and play with.

I did NOT look forward to waking up early for school, after staying up to all hours during the summer, lol.
Garnet, you sooo caught the feel of fall for me. Thank you for those great memories! And man, I really miss that TV Guide!

School in September in South East Texas is SCORCHING HOT. There was ONE fan, a small one, over the teacher's desk. Trying to write on paper that is soaked with sweat without tearing it to pieces. That is still full-on SUMMER here.

New shoes that hurt my feet. New teachers that you are trying to adapt to. Two-a-day workouts for football players in the heat. We started in the middle of August with the two-a-day practices. lots of homework and not a lot of time to get it done after practices before you just crashed and burned.

The high points in September were my Dad's birthday on the 13th and then mine on the 16th. Were I to have the opportunity to do it over I would either drop the advanced classes or football. My knees now vote for dumping the football. It was a needless amount of wear and tear on my body that I have paid for ever since.