Selfies used for Black Magic

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Cybersecurity official warns selfies may be used for ’black magic’

th

KUALA LUMPUR, March 8 — A federal agency staffer today warned social media users against uploading pictures of themselves online to avoid falling victim to “black magic.

According to Harian Metro, CyberSecurity Malaysia communications officer Jazannul Azriq Aripin said there were reported cases of “bomoh” or local shamans purportedly using pictures on social media site such as Facebook to supposedly hex their victims.

“Do not be surprised if the 'bomoh' themselves are getting smarter and they may have installed wireless broadband to launch their black magic,” he told the local Malay daily.

“So, avoid uploading pictures of yourself to avoid the threat of black magic.”

He did not elaborate on what occurred in the cases he cited or how “black magic” worked online.

Jazanul also warned social media users from posting other personal details such as phone numbers and home addresses as well indecent pictures.

CyberSecurity Malaysia is an agency under the Science Technology and Innovation Ministry. It was launched in 2007 by former prime minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to promote cybersecurity.
- See more at: Cybersecurity official warns selfies may be used for ’black magic’

Last edited:
There are very few pictures of me anywhere much less on the web .I wont worry about this one .I also start my days with prayers of guidance and protection .(you might think its silly but what does it hurt :D )

There are very few pictures of me anywhere much less on the web .I wont worry about this one .I also start my days with prayers of guidance and protection .(you might think its silly but what does it hurt :D )
I don't find that silly at all! I find it NECESSARY! And you won't find many pics of me out there either. I prefer to let the Owl do my photo sessions.

Reactions: Grinchesbro
Photographs have long been considered to be correspondent of the person they represented. Whether they are paper or JPEGs really makes no difference.
"Magic" requires only a focus....I agree it makes no matter if they are JPEGs or paper.

Reactions: The Doctor
Ok I guess I need to get an avatar now. This is sad news. I've never been afraid to put my face to my words but maybe I should reconsider this ?

Ok I guess I need to get an avatar now. This is sad news. I've never been afraid to put my face to my words but maybe I should reconsider this ?
Lynne, it depends on where you're posting and who your friends are. In most cases, people are not going to seek out "random" people to target with a curse. But for those in more public or controversial areas of the net, it's prudent to use an avatar. On our site here, if you change your avatar, all past avatars change with it to become the new one, BTW.