Seeking Immortality

It must be hard for them to be unable to buy their way out of death, lol. Do you think most of these people think and believe on a spiritual level? If not they are very poor indeed. I'm not laughing at them, just at their way of thinking.
Many rich people don’t feel they need God. Its easy to see how earthly pursuits to that level would consume their time and thoughts. Probably not much room for spiritually. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying all are like that, but it’s easy to see how the financial rulers of this world have a carnal outlook. Feeding the flesh instead of the soul.

I'm going to call it like I see it. I don't like him. I've never liked him. He's a rich, arrogant, smug.... I'll let you figure out the rest. But if going into space and bragging about it wasn't enough, now he wants to fund a 3B dollar project so he can attempt to achieve immortality?

Good luck with that one, man. This isn't something we're supposed to do. Death is an unfortunate reality, and you can have all the money, power, intellect and influence in the world and at the end of the day, he's going to come up short.

And he isn't doing it for the sake of mankind. He's doing it for himself. But I'll tell ya this, I may not have much, but I'll take my rags over his riches any day of the week. I'm content with what I have. Always have been, always will be.

This man doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. If I saw him on the street, I'd neither be star nor awestruck. Please excuse my French this evening.
You go, Wolf! Well said.

I've known some very wealthy people and some dirt poor people, good and bad of both. The financially poor folk, if not greedy were by far the happiest. They didn't own much so didn't have much to worry about. I've known a few happy families that broke down when they had a windfall. People born wealthy do not seem to be the snobs that people with acquired wealth often are. I'd rather have a beer with poor people, even if I had to shout, lol.

Its easy to see how earthly pursuits to that level would consume their time and thoughts. Probably not much room for spiritually. it’s easy to see how the financial rulers of this world have a carnal outlook. Feeding the flesh instead of the soul.
this statement is soooooo deep.....

Many rich people don’t feel they need God. Its easy to see how earthly pursuits to that level would consume their time and thoughts. Probably not much room for spiritually. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying all are like that, but it’s easy to see how the financial rulers of this world have a carnal outlook. Feeding the flesh instead of the soul.

'shudder's' 'shudder's again' I'm not so sure they don't do exactly that... 'Holy Water' at em

I once read a book (fiction) where this family had supposedly found a way to stay young, and spent the rest of their now endless life moving from location to location, because people would begin to realize that they had not aged.
Robert Heinlein wrote a book about a very rich man paying scientists to figure out how to transplant his brain into a young body. When he was dying he had the scientists put his brain in his secretaries body (a female). And the novel was about all the problems he had convincing people he was the old man.

This is always a funny topic for me because physical life is literally designed to die, and that's a mercy. When you address one issue (i.e. cancer) you're still facing the breakdown of collagen, bone, etc. Every organ and every cell requires maintenance far beyond man's hubris.

Even if you could get cells and tissue to regenerate infinitely, there's no telling what that would do to the brain, memory, and sense of self.

It's a fool's errand to persist in this current state.