Seeing very small things.

Rowan2222

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This is not paranormal at all, but I just wondered your opinion on it and what your experiences are to compare to my own. Just to figure out if what I see is "normal"
I have relatively good eyesight, not needing glasses, but just this last year am starting to need reading glasses for very small things up close.

We are all used to seeing steam from cooking or a kettle or from a cup of coffee, but can you see the droplets that make up the steam?

I can, and beyond that I can see bad air quality based on the quantity of dust and smaller particles I see blowing around in a room.
This actually made me want to open all the windows yesterday even though I couldn't smell anything, I could see particles blowing around like like a minature snowstowm. The air was thick with them, and they did swirl just like snow - only a lot smaller.
Can you see this sort of thing?

I first noticed it in bright sunlight looking at about 3ft focal length with a dark background, but have seen it before on a cup of coffee in bright light. The way the mist forms is first the layer of steam appears above the liquid by a fraction of a millimetre as droplets all equally spaced from each other - then peels off the liquid to rise as a whisp of steam, before dissipating. - very beautiful.

Reactions: Paintman
Yes, sorta. Close up not so much, down the hall, definitely. I’m also pretty receptive to how much fog/smog/humidity is between me and what I’m looking. Some days it just grosses me out like “I’m breathing this crap in?

This is not paranormal at all, but I just wondered your opinion on it and what your experiences are to compare to my own. Just to figure out if what I see is "normal"
I have relatively good eyesight, not needing glasses, but just this last year am starting to need reading glasses for very small things up close.

We are all used to seeing steam from cooking or a kettle or from a cup of coffee, but can you see the droplets that make up the steam?

I can, and beyond that I can see bad air quality based on the quantity of dust and smaller particles I see blowing around in a room.
This actually made me want to open all the windows yesterday even though I couldn't smell anything, I could see particles blowing around like like a minature snowstowm. The air was thick with them, and they did swirl just like snow - only a lot smaller.
Can you see this sort of thing?

I first noticed it in bright sunlight looking at about 3ft focal length with a dark background, but have seen it before on a cup of coffee in bright light. The way the mist forms is first the layer of steam appears above the liquid by a fraction of a millimetre as droplets all equally spaced from each other - then peels off the liquid to rise as a whisp of steam, before dissipating. - very beautiful.
At around 50 I started needing reading glasses. I don’t see small things that clearly. I can see the steam or dust but as a whole not the individual particles. Although I’ve never thought to notice them. Does it seem like time is slowing at the moment you are seeing this ? Do you have any other sensations in the moment?

Some days it just grosses me out like “I’m breathing this crap in?
That is what I felt like.
I have to focus mentally to see this, and seems constant regardless of if I have opened all the windows or not. My partner has hayfever eyes at the moment so maybe it is pollen?
If it is moving quickly I don't see it. It is only in still air that I can see it swirling, but just now I could see it rising above a radiator constantly. I don't think I would notice it if I wasn't looking for it.
I do feel a little out of time when I do this, a little "spaced out". Strange times - I think we are heading into a shift so a lot of things will change. People will have a different driving force and a new perspective, well those who are switched-on will. The other half will try and keep it business as usual.

Rowan, that is really interesting. I guess being very perceptive on paranormal matters carries over to being very perceptive in the physical realm.

If it's a bright sunny day and at a particular time, I can see dust floating in the air. And that's my signal I need to clean my house better.;)

Off topic, I was painting the outside of a house in the country near a soybean field. We had to wait until after the Harvest because the amount of dust and dirt stirred up was outrageous.

Well, I have to revise my response from earlier. While eating supper tonight, I noticed a glitter on the floor about twelve feet from the table where I was sitting. Turns out to have been a very tiny piece of glass on the floor; which stuck to my finger when I picked it up. A glass had gotten broken about two weeks ago and this fragment just put in an appearance. In size, it was slightly larger than a grain of cornmeal.

Reactions: Benway and ozentity
There are times when the light is just right that I see the dust in the air as you mention. I have always had bad distance vision but very good close up vision.

Reactions: garnetsilver