Seeing a movie scene too early?

Roffin

Reaction score
I remember I was watching Police Academy(made in 1984) back then in 1992 and seeing Captain Harris fall into a drum at the ending. When I watched the movie again the scene was nowhere to be found!I kept on watching the sequels(part 2-4) to be sure just in case I was recalling the scene from the wrong movie but they didn't have the scene.And then in 1998 I saw Police Academy 5(made in 1988) which finally had that scene. I find this rather weird and I can be very sure that I DID NOT SEE Police Academy 5 in 1992 because part 1 had Steve Guttenberg in it but part 5 didn't. I remember that very clearly. Unless the part 1 I saw was some sort of Director's Cut. I searched around and there didn't seem to be evidence of anything like that.
How was I able to see that scene earlier in my head six years earlier before I saw part 5?This is a big mystery to me and myself believing that I am psychic is way too much of a leap in logic.

Last edited:
You may be psychic, I don't remember much about the movie myself to comment but if you are picking up on future movie endings you may be the ultimate spoiler Roffin,lol.
I never had any future experiences like this except one where I was watching Highlander 2 and just before Macleod was going to behead the main villain,he said something which I discovered I had misquoted when I saw it the second time.But then many many many years later when Highlander 3 come out,the misquoted sentence I thought I heard was said by both the main hero(Macleod) and the main villain;"I'll be the judge of that".!

There was this time I was watching a movie(too insignificant for anyone to remember) which contained a cuss word and then the next day my classmate was talking about this very same cuss word. A super rare cuss word nobody uses!And then I saw Home Alone 2 which had a scene where that kid was using kerosene to play a prank on the two baddies. Next day itself this same classmate was talking about kerosene in class!

Last edited:
Coincidence is most likely for words, this happens to us once or twice a month. A word we havent used in a long time will suddenly pop up several times in one day, on different media or spoken in person.

As for movie scenes, you probably saw a clip and forgot the context of the presented scene. Your brain filed the scene with all the other data from the earlier movie.

Paranormal explanations have to be the last option, when every other rational cause has been dismissed.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I remember I was watching Police Academy(made in 1984) back then in 1992 and seeing Captain Harris fall into a drum at the ending. When I watched the movie again the scene was nowhere to be found!I kept on watching the sequels(part 2-4) to be sure just in case I was recalling the scene from the wrong movie but they didn't have the scene.And then in 1998 I saw Police Academy 5(made in 1988) which finally had that scene. I find this rather weird and I can be very sure that I DID NOT SEE Police Academy 5 in 1992 because part 1 had Steve Guttenberg in it but part 5 didn't. I remember that very clearly. Unless the part 1 I saw was some sort of Director's Cut. I searched around and there didn't seem to be evidence of anything like that.
How was I able to see that scene earlier in my head six years earlier before I saw part 5?This is a big mystery to me and myself believing that I am psychic is way too much of a leap in logic.
I think this is all part of the so called “Mandella effect”. There are glitches in our history that many remember as different. Are we jumping realities? Are time travelers changing history ? Is there a glitch in the matrix. If you do some research into this phenomenon I think you may see more.

Both myself and Mr. Garnet have remembered movie lines and eagerly waited to hear them when watching again, only to not hear them. Then we start wondering if there was a director's cut or something. For instance, in the original movie "The Parent Trap," I could have sworn that Hayley Mills said the line, "I'm starving!" when she and her twin sister decided to go get a snack (after the famous scene where they discover that they are sisters.) But there was no such scene.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
I've noticed movies with missing scenes, and the older they get, the more scenes get snipped to make room for commercials or fit a time slot. Even old TV shows are missing longer and longer segments when they are re-run.

I am also reminded of the time my family and I were watching an old movie on TV, and suddenly I noticed a single frame of popcorn. My wife and daughter didn't consciously notice it, and suddenly wanted popcorn, lol.

The subliminal tricks don't work on me. I see the single frames in the moment. But they actually used to do that on theater prints.

I still think there is something to the mandella effect. I distinctly remember hearing about Mandella dying in prison. It was on the news. Then to hear he he died later was mind bending. Others remember the same thing. When you add in all the other things that are in the list it’s scary. Now I know many may just be faulty memory but when a large group of people share the same history changes it is evidence to me that something has happened.

I remember very clearly watching the film Don't Look Now with my family in my early 20s. Years later I watched it again with my sister. At the end we both remarked that we were very surprised that a particular scene seemed to be completely missing.

We both have a distinct memory of the exact same missing scene in which, whilst Donald Sutherland's character is following what he thinks is his little girl in the red coat, all of a sudden she jumps on his back.

If you watch the film now, at no time does this happen. So, how come my sister and I both remember this scene?

I Googled the film to death to see if there were any other versions of it but, to my knowledge, there is only one version of the film that was ever shown.

To this day we are baffled by this and the only thing that would seem to explain it is the Mandela Effect, but I'm not sure I know what to make of that phenomenon either!

Reactions: Lynne
I remember very clearly watching the film Don't Look Now with my family in my early 20s. Years later I watched it again with my sister. At the end we both remarked that we were very surprised that a particular scene seemed to be completely missing.

We both have a distinct memory of the exact same missing scene in which, whilst Donald Sutherland's character is following what he thinks is his little girl in the red coat, all of a sudden she jumps on his back.

If you watch the film now, at no time does this happen. So, how come my sister and I both remember this scene?

I Googled the film to death to see if there were any other versions of it but, to my knowledge, there is only one version of the film that was ever shown.

To this day we are baffled by this and the only thing that would seem to explain it is the Mandela Effect, but I'm not sure I know what to make of that phenomenon either!
You arnt the only one to find memory differences in movies. It really makes me doubt myself.