Technology See through truck!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/samsung-builds-a-see-thru-semi-truck-122252163492.html

Apparently, if you pass a truck in Argentina, you stand a good chance of dying. At least that’s the message behind an experimental truck being shown by Samsung that provides a clear view of what lies ahead.

Called the Samsung Safety Truck (but with a funky spelling of truck), it has a front-mounted camera that displays oncoming traffic to four large monitors mounted on the trailer’s rear doors. Samsung, with its background in technology, was able to solve the problem of sun glare diffusing the monitor’s visibility, according to The Verge.

Okay, so it's not really see through, but cool all the same, and potentially a huge step up in road safety. I always am wary when passing an 18 wheeler and try to get the maneuver completed as quickly as possible.

Reactions: Indigo
In the mountains of Colombia, often a Renault gets stuck behind a slow moving truck in front of it. The car switches into the oncoming lane fast enough to pass and then gets in front of the truck. That frightened the sh!t out of me as a child when we went there on family vacations. And this is on mountain roads that have been carved into the side of the mountain. Easy to drive off a precipice.

Reactions: surge and Indigo
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/samsung-builds-a-see-thru-semi-truck-122252163492.html

Apparently, if you pass a truck in Argentina, you stand a good chance of dying. At least that’s the message behind an experimental truck being shown by Samsung that provides a clear view of what lies ahead.

Called the Samsung Safety Truck (but with a funky spelling of truck), it has a front-mounted camera that displays oncoming traffic to four large monitors mounted on the trailer’s rear doors. Samsung, with its background in technology, was able to solve the problem of sun glare diffusing the monitor’s visibility, according to The Verge.

Okay, so it's not really see through, but cool all the same, and potentially a huge step up in road safety. I always am wary when passing an 18 wheeler and try to get the maneuver completed as quickly as possible.
LOL! I just DON'T pass them! I follow along nicely and let them lead the way......:)

Reactions: surge
In the mountains of Colombia, often a Renault gets stuck behind a slow moving truck in front of it. The car switches into the oncoming lane fast enough to pass and then gets in front of the truck. That frightened the sh!t out of me as a child when we went there on family vacations. And this is on mountain roads that have been carved into the side of the mountain. Easy to drive off a precipice.
In Puerto Rico (my in laws) there are all these sand pits or roads straight up a mountain to nowhere- reason being, brakes fail and the trucks just veer off into these pits/up those roads. I was seriously freaked out by that.

In Puerto Rico (my in laws) there are all these sand pits or roads straight up a mountain to nowhere- reason being, brakes fail and the trucks just veer off into these pits/up those roads. I was seriously freaked out by that.
There are runaway truck ramps at the mountains in the Northwest here.

There are runaway truck ramps at the mountains in the Northwest here.
Whoa baby! :eek: I've never been to the Northwest (farthest over was Texas). Heard it's beautiful & evidently treacherous! We don't have any of those around here in NY. We have the Adirondacks - nothing crazy a few high peaks. Or the Catskills & Helderbergs..which are seriously just big hills. ;)

I've actually seen them all over the country when we used to travel. KY and TN for example, and out west in AZ in a few places. We drove a large Class A RV, 40 footer, and always watched....just in case OUR brakes didn't hold! I hated mountains! lol

Reactions: surge