Sea creature video

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A pair of divers exploring off the coast of New Zealand could not believe their eyes when they encountered an enormous and breathtaking creature that made them look diminutive by comparison. Steve Hathaway and Andrew Buttle told a local media outlet that they were amazed when they spotted the 26-foot-long oddity which seemed to almost be undulating in the water like an untethered white ribbon.

While they were careful not to disturb the creature, the duo managed to spend a significant amount of time near the creature, appreciating it's majestic nature. "I was quite incredulous and elated that such a creature existed," Buttle marveled. Fortunately, they were able to share the experience by way of an underwater camera that captured the fantastic sight.

As to what the 'monster' was, marine biologists say that the strange sea creature was most likely a pyrosome, which is actually a colony of tiny organisms that come together to create a larger cloud-like form.

It looks like a giant hookworm. The closeup at the end shows pores or skin pattern. One end is open to allow feeding while the other is tapered & pinched off like the back end of a worm.

I think it could be a single organism. It even seems to have muscular waves down it’s length like worms do.

it could be a whale large intestine or a sort of parasite a sick whale had. I wouldn't want to get to close.

It looks like a giant hookworm. The closeup at the end shows pores or skin pattern. One end is open to allow feeding while the other is tapered & pinched off like the back end of a worm.

I think it could be a single organism. It even seems to have muscular waves down it’s length like worms do.
pyrosomes do have the texture of a solid "skin"....you can actually pick one up and hold it if its dense enough.... ive never actually seen one in person but have heard from ppl who have... this one looks pretty dense and large....there are some things in the sea I still would rather not come across...lol....but it does show how some of the sea monster legends may have started.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi

I agree with you. It looked like it had a head or face.