Sea creature on Georgia beach

Been a legend of a pleisiasoar type creature in those waters for as long as I can remember, many, many supposed sightings in the altamaha river area where it supposedly comes to in the spring for whatever purpose.
Locally known as the altamaha monster. Been across that river quite a few times but never have seen anything besides the usual wildlife. This river and entire area is a series of brackish waterways that make up the ICW and lead out to sea..... Be interesting to see what this actually is.

So far they are speculating a fanged tooth eel, but I have seen no official report. I would not want to run into this while swimming.

Reactions: Paulm
It looks like an eel but I hope they run tests on it. Wish the finder would have took some close up pics. That’s what makes me wonder

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
So far they are speculating a fanged tooth eel, but I have seen no official report. I would not want to run into this while swimming.
hope they don't try to pass this off as an eel, not saying it couldn't be, but the size and placement of the pectoral fins don't fit with an eel species.
will be interesting though to see what this actually is.

Reactions: Benway and 7Critter
hope they don't try to pass this off as an eel, not saying it couldn't be, but the size and placement of the pectoral fins don't fit with an eel species.
will be interesting though to see what this actually is.
Good info Paulm. I didn’t know that. Follow up on this will be interesting.

Reactions: Paulm