Screaming from basement

The rooms are a bit of a mess. I'm not sure what that says about the owners. There's also not much on the police perspective. They don't seem too impressed. I'd have to visit in person to get a real sense of it all.

Reactions: garnetsilver
It seems obvious that there is something going on under ground. The idea of traffickers or people living in old tunnel systems is not unheard of. On the lighter side I’d scream too if my house looked like that. What a mess !

It looks like serious building work has started - because stud walls are missing (toilet on it's own) and outside lean-to structures have already been removed. Coupled with a very large stack of concrete blocks inside - this is not just an ordinary messy house that has discovered some sounds.

From the recordings on the site I can hear a lot of running water - too much for the location stated, and more like in the bathroom during bath time. The sirens and motor bike can only be from the street or in a room with the window open to the street. Vibrating sounds I have heard before and are what it sounds like when you are in the next building to someone using an SDS impact drill with a chisel on it - used to remove render or tiling from walls, and it looks like the owners have one of those - because render has been removed from the walls

It mentions in the article that there is a basement that has been sealed off, but the only access is a small hole in the floor...then mentions later that they used microphones in the walls of the basement.
When Mr & Mrs Tait were not there...the place was quiet.

I have tried to find their petition on Change.Org and it does not exist today. Police were not interested - perhaps because there is nothing in the audio out of the ordinary?

If this building has a basement, then it is likely that the houses on each side also have basements, and as the walls on buildings this age are solid - it is easy for noise to be transmitted.

One thing is certain though. They are committed to serious renovations on this house before anything started happening...and next door is up for sale. I would imagine all this talk of drugs gangs, illegal activity and bad publicity may have an affect on the local house prices - especially next door! It must be so dangerous around there that they can't even live there ans are in "whereabouts unknown" in a campervan at present.

I also expect they have put an offer in to buy the house next door at half the asking price.

Just as easy to knock two buildings into one, and develop the cellars into games rooms for a healthy profit if you are in the building game...which it looks like they are.

Reactions: garnetsilver