Scottish "Plague Doctor" caught

Hang on. So in a time of a global pandemic this guy is arrested...for wearing a mask?

Isn't that what we are all supposed to be doing?

Just a thought. If you've ever seen it, The Princess Bride made a prediction then that would later become a way of life for most. Westly said that he thought that everyone would be wearing a mask in the future and here we are. But back to the subject matter, no doubt that Plague Doctors still hold a grim image in the UK and it's something they aren't likely to forget anymore than the rest of us would. But doubt the police detained him for long.

Reactions: Lynne
Hang on. So in a time of a global pandemic this guy is arrested...for wearing a mask?

You make a good point but this is all about intent. He was trying to scare people. This type of get up would terrify people needlessly. We are already under great stress with the plague conditions without some jerk scaring people with this get up. I’m surprised nobody beat the tar out of him.

It takes a lot of kids a long time to develop common sense. This little butt hole didn't break any laws but he is lucky. If he had scared my kid I would have taught him about fear. That is part of the problem today. Kids don't pay a price for stupidity, bad manners, or even misdemeanor criminal behavior. I live in a prison town. We have 9 prisons here and probably more inmates than citizens if you don't count the University students and staff. My wife retired after 25 years working in the prisons and my daughter has 12 years in the system now.

The people coming to prisons now are different than the ones that were there 20 or more years ago. Used to be that they were just criminals. they got caught and they served their time. The kids that are coming in now are socially dysfunctional. Many will never get out because they continue to assault officers and other inmates. That means at the very least that they will NOT get parole and that eventually, they will end up killing someone and getting a life sentence. They think that they are entitled and they expect everyone to kiss their butts. This doesn't fly well in a prison. The other inmates are just like them and so they don't get along well, to say the least. Do you know how poorly domesticated someone is that can't stay out of trouble in a prison?

It isn't really like on TV. Trouble makers or violent people end up in a cage and not allowed to associate with more civilized people. Between my wife, daughter, and friends they have nearly a century of working years behind bars, and none of them has ever been injured by an inmate. Those that are violent are treated much as you would a vicious animal and not offered an opportunity to harm anyone. The murder rate in a prison is usually lower than that of any large city.

Kids with mouth issues usually get an education in a hurry from other inmates. Anyone that isn't in lockdown has a job just like anyone in the free world. They grow all of their own food, make all their own clothing starting with cotton in the fields. The prison industries cover anything that might be used in a school or state offices.

Reactions: Lone Wolf and Lynne

He wasn't "arrested". He was given a "stern lecture" about scaring people.