Scotland Dino footprint found

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Stunning dinosaur discovery: 170-million-year-old footprint found in Scotland

Stunning dinosaur discovery: 170-million-year-old footprint found in Scotland

1535139556314.jpg

An extremely rare 170-million-year-old dinosaur footprint has been found in Scotland. Paleontologists, however, are keeping its precise location secret until they can complete their research.

The footprint was discovered earlier this year by Dr. Neil Clark, curator of palaeontology at the University of Glasgow’s Hunterian Museum. Clark told Fox News that he had just given a talk in Inverness in the Scottish Highlands and decided to “visit the Jurassic rocks” in the area.

“After about a half hour looking, I spotted the footprint and was able to immediately recognize it as the footprint of a sauropod dinosaur,” he told Fox News. “I had to do a double take on the footprint as I couldn’t believe that such an obvious footprint had not been seen previously, considering the number of researchers who visit the coast each year.”

RARE DINOSAUR PRINTS MADE 170 MILLION YEARS AGOFOUND IN SCOTLAND

Sauropods were huge dinosaurs with long necks and long tails. The footprint is about 30 inches by 20 inches.

This is a good find! Amazing to think these creatures walked the earth. Tony was going to visit the isle of Sky! He will have to look for us.