Science says "Don't eat the icicles!"

I ate a mud pie when I was about six. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be, lol.
That takes me back, I remember making an elaborate one as a young kid with my mate and giving it to a girl who was part of our posse and she actually ate some. I think we both liked her. Her dad was a cop and we got into BIG trouble, lol.

We had a private water system that fed 4 houses and a farm. One spring the water seemed to have bits in so we went to find out why.
Reason - load of frogs getting sucked into the inlet.
My morning cuppa somehow never tasted the same after that.
I think I would prefer the icicles.

They were entirely too enticing to pass up but if I knew this as a kid, no doubt I'd thought twice before ever eating another.
I read this article to my husband who, in a snarky mode with a big grin, announced, "So! That's why you're full of sh*t sometimes!" He's gonna sleep on the couch...lol

All those minerals and bird poop and dirt over the years builds immunity. That's why you should allow your kids and Grand kids to play in the dirt. :)
yes on dirt, no on bird poop... just no lol

I read this article to my husband who, in a snarky mode with a big grin, announced, "So! That's why you're full of sh*t sometimes!" He's gonna sleep on the couch...lol
My mom always said that to my dad and I'll admit I've thought the same things about friends/family IRL but in a loving way :p But after reading that article, I'll never look at icicles the same again. They are still lovely, though.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi