Science is ever changing

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What is today a science "fact", can be tomorrow's science "wrong". We often talk about using a scientific basis to prove things, yet we often push aside the "fact" that science is always evolving. Saccharin was "safe" 30 years ago...it was a scientific fact. Now, it's been proven that fact is no longer true.

When we talk about having facts and proof, I believe we have to take into consideration that science is ever evolving as we learn more about our reality and universe. We have added in new discoveries and even new physics over the years and I expect this to continue as science evolves.

This reminds us to keep an open mind to what we may find to be mysterious now. We may not have the tools to measure some things or even know what we should be looking for. It's a big universe out there, and I believe we must remember to not stand only by the "facts" we have now...but to also be open to how the future may show us more truths.

Keep your minds and hearts open. There's a lot more ahead of us. :)

i think most times we elevate science above what it is, science and knowledge is ever changing, it is the building blocks of what we "know" to be true, (at the present time...of course)... while it may be the culmination of our knowledge it is also the bottom rung, to be continually built upon by further study, findings. and breakthroughs....in the natural world this can be taken with more certainties. science, time travel, A.I, cryptids, history, and archeology. less time travel and A.I (new frontiers in their infancy) the other topics can be traced through ruins, history, fossils etc... natural, not actually paranormal... the paranormal side on the other hand, ghosts, spirituality, abilities etc... will have a hard time being proven one way or the other with science. its hard enough for those with such abilities to even control them to show any "proof" or any tests to actually have an impact. it just is what it is. sure someday that may change but at the point we are right now i think that day is far off. i think we as a species are still in the infancy of learning and manipulating/controlling any psychic abilities or understandings... so instead we turn it into a form of entertainment....:p