School's Out

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR! LAST DAY OF SCHOOL APPROACHES AND MANY GRADUATIONS WILL ALSO BE TAKING PLACE!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR MEMORIES OR STORIES OF THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL AS A KID BEFORE SUMMER BEGAN?

HOW ABOUT GRADUATION FROM HIGH SCHOOL?

The last day of school ( elementary, junior high, high school, etc) was always of mixed emotions. Happy that I passed all exams, happy that I didn't have to go to another class for awhile; but sad that I probably would not see some of my class mates for a good while and maybe never. I was also a bit anxious at where my next chapter would lead.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Every summer I felt such relief. Graduation was the best because it meant that I didn’t have to go back. I enjoyed college tho. I hated public school.

On our last day of school, our entire aero engineering class (18 total) took a late morning final exam together, then adjourned (with a number of our professors) to a just-off-campus bar. The bulk of us remained there until after midnight, and it's by the grace of God we all got home without being arrested or killing ourselves or someone else. That was the last time I saw most of those professors and about half of my classmates.

I was always sad when the school year ended much like Critter expressed in his post, however I took full joy in summer fun! But the absolute worst was when I graduated high school.

My grandfather and I were very close. He lived and breathed being there to see me graduate, and as fate would have it, he passed very suddenly from a heart attack 4 days before I graduated. His funeral was the day before my graduation. I will be honest and tell you it's all one big blur and I remember very few details of any of it...funeral or graduation. But I'm pretty sure gramps was proud of me and looking in on the event.

Our last day of High school everyone signed our shirts as a keepsake. One big guy that bullied me for years came over and ripped my shirt off a destroyed it, I pushed him down an embankment and he got slightly injured :innocent:.

Our last day of High school everyone signed our shirts as a keepsake. One big guy that bullied me for years came over and ripped my shirt off a destroyed it, I pushed him down an embankment and he got slightly injured :innocent:.
Slightly? lol We had year books to sign. I think I still have mine somewhere...lol

I had failed so many classes my senior year that I didn't know I was graduating. I only found out I was when my graduating class was called into the auditorium, the principal called your name and handed you 3x5 card that you traded in for your actually diploma after the actual ceremony.

• Wow
Reactions: Debi