School Reunions

I'm really not sure how I feel about my reunion. Completely worth it to find out some truths, and I really appreciated finding out that girls didn't hate me for how I looked, but finding out they all hated me for how I acted because of how I thought they all hated me because of my looks wasn't great.

As a postscript, some years after the Amanda disaster, we met outside school at a youth club disco and slow danced for a few songs at the end of the night with nobody staring at us. We never dared to kiss or really talk and just went back to being really shy and too scared of each other, but it's a better, and happier ending than the reunion might suggest. We had one moment!
Thanks for sharing Ben. This is a lesson we can all use to improve how we look at things.
our own perceptions can hold us back and being aware that other people may see things differently opens the door to more possibilities in moving forward.

Reactions: Benway
As a corollary to Duke's question: When you do go to a class reunion, do you take your significant other ?

I did not go to Mrs Critter's reunion and she has not gone to any of mine.

We attended a reunion of Mr. Garnet's friends, and he was so glad to see the kids he had spent most of his adolescence with. Of course some of them thought they were still teens, lol.

Reactions: Paulm and Benway
Never went to my 30th, none of my friends were going so I skipped it too. Nobody organized a 40th, 50th is still five years away. I may get through this life without ever going to a high-school reunion.

Reactions: garnetsilver
As a corollary to Duke's question: When you do go to a class reunion, do you take your significant other ?

I did not go to Mrs Critter's reunion and she has not gone to any of mine.
Yeah, I can't imagine going to each other's reunion (assuming different schools) would be all that fun. I'd have enough problems trying to remember/figure out who I was talking to without having to introduce them as well.