School Reunions

Been it's been 6 years and I got no word of a reunion. Oh well. I dont care because the class lowkey voted me most likely to shoot up a school or microwave a kitten. I dont have a single friend from high school.
Hey man from your big brother to the South, you have a friend.
( if you have a spare moment please remind them of my 2 national level championships , two state championships and various miscellaneous championships in the sport of bodybuilding)
Everybody that can blow my horn is dead or dying.

If you liked the people you were at school with then I would say go. Otherwise it would be a bad thing.
Personally I would hate it. About the only topic would be how successful you are, and that can change rather quickly. Do I side with the single people who are now rich, or the happy couple with 6 kids who are working poor? The drug dealer with the new mercedes or the charity worker who still lives in the same flat 20 years on? It's not a linear scale so the question is pointless anyway. But people seem to like scoring points off each other.

Thanks to all for your inputs, you've echoed thoughts (both pro and con) I've had about attending. At this point I'm undecided, but I've got several weeks yet to decide.

Paul's post reminded me of a chance meeting with a high school classmate back several years ago. As I was checking in to vote at my local polling place, I noticed a fairly attractive lady about my age at the sign in table next to me. After we had both cast our votes and where leaving the building, she approached and asked if I was (me.) After I confirmed who I was, she identified herself by her maiden name and said we had graduated together. I honestly told her I was sorry, but I didn't remember her. She responded I should remember her, she was a varsity cheerleader. She seemed genuinely stunned that tidbit didn't improve my memory.
I couldn't tell if she was hurt or insulted, but we parted company somewhat awkwardly. I recall thinking it was kinda sad this woman still self identified as a high school cheerleader some forty years after her last "sis boom bah."
Dont bother unless you have a friend or want to pitch an MLM scheme to them :D

I'm going to say something as in a aside. My brother is only two years younger than me but he and his pals since grade school have always been if always been friends.
There is a crazy spooky bond between all of them. Lots of people call it remarkable when we get together at funerals.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I'm going to say something as in a aside. My brother is only two years younger than me but he and his pals since grade school have always been if always been friends.
There is a crazy spooky bond between all of them. Lots of people call it remarkable when we get together at funerals.
I think sometimes we get to meet up with our soul family in person here on earth....and when we do, there's a certain power to that.

Sometimes, we meet up on a forum...there's a certain power in that as well.

Don't know that my class has had one I've been out for 15 years but even so I wouldn't waste my time going nearly 800 miles just for one worked too hard to get back to Washington just to have to go back to Nevada for something like that

Go. It can turn out one of two ways. 1) you will pal around with the ones that you have kept in touch with and a few that you have not seen in years and generally have a good time as a group or 2) connect with no one, be bored stiff and leave early.

In either case, you will not have to wonder what the reunion was like.

Me ? I have went to about a half of my reunions and always had a good time. I am not chatty as most of you know by now; I was not Mr social in high school, but I enjoy meeting up with my classmates and sharing high school memories. Fortunately, most of my classmates who come don't brag about their accomplishments and make others uncomfortable.