School Daze

The best part of going back was when you could convince your mom you HAD to have this:

117173990_3357794007591884_6593598825352660418_n.png

Okay, year over year, my favor memory was first cafeteria burger, first cafeteria burrito, first cafeteria pizza, and first cafeteria spaghettI. I had an affinity for that institutional food.

Strongest back to school memory is junior year in high school. Everything was a mess because I was returning to my home town from Okinawa to see my friends for the first time in two years. Plus, I had a class with the teacher that expelled my Brother, as well as amother class taught by one of my Brother’s friends (my Bro is 12 years older than me). Oh, and the drama and trauma of discovering my psychic self.

It was a REALLY busy first week that year.
I’m so glad you survived. That sounds so stressful.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
We are going to homeschool this year. Everyone is afraid that if my Grandbaby goes to the school that she will bring me home something. I don't think that I would survive COVID or maybe even the flu right now. I heard a nurse talking about it at dialysis today. She can't let her son go to public school because of the risk to the patients at the dialysis center. I hadn't thought about that. everyone gets their temperature checked before they can come in. If you have a temp over 100.2 you will be placed in an isolation room for your treatment until they can get results back from a COVID test. LOL, My temperature right now is doing good to get above 97.

Reactions: Paintman
Oh! So many! Getting used to wearing a tie, the smell of industrial bleach from the corridors (that glorious '1st World War chemical weapon attack smell'), the early morning air after being roused from a night of slumber to something new and more smelling of bleach! Ah! The chance to see again all the kids I hadn't seen over the break because I hated them instead of just hanging out at the park with my friends! Less good lunch! Singalongs! Man and woman I loved school and cannot think of a single thing I disliked about going back after those boring boring parts of my childhood where I just had to have fun with my friends!

We are going to homeschool this year. Everyone is afraid that if my Grandbaby goes to the school that she will bring me home something. I don't think that I would survive COVID or maybe even the flu right now. I heard a nurse talking about it at dialysis today. She can't let her son go to public school because of the risk to the patients at the dialysis center. I hadn't thought about that. everyone gets their temperature checked before they can come in. If you have a temp over 100.2 you will be placed in an isolation room for your treatment until they can get results back from a COVID test. LOL, My temperature right now is doing good to get above 97.
I hear you, Dan. In the same boat. We often forget that the healthcare workers are taking every measure possible to protect us, the patients. And my kids are taking the same measures to protect me as well, including the two guys who live here with us. If they are going to get close, they actually mask up just in case.

Reactions: Benway
I hear you, Dan. In the same boat. We often forget that the healthcare workers are taking every measure possible to protect us, the patients. And my kids are taking the same measures to protect me as well, including the two guys who live here with us. If they are going to get close, they actually mask up just in case.

A point worth foot stomping for the George Noory's of the world.......the mask you don't think you need is to protect others from you.

Reactions: Debi
A point worth foot stomping for the George Noory's of the world.......the mask you don't think you need is to protect others from you.
May I just say AMEN to that!