School Daze

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
116888548_3912646648797371_4606986790395889870_o.jpg

no single memory, more of a feeling, the end of summer, the change of the seasons, the last minute school shopping...…. the summers between high school years is probably the most favorite memories, memory wise.

Reactions: garnetsilver
The smells of everything new; new shoes, new clothes, new books, and the exciting smells of autumn in the air.

Reactions: Paulm
I was always excited to go back! I was always also determined to "do better this year." I was a really good student, but I always tried for that one perfect year in elementary school. Now, junior and senior high, I was much more laid back about the academics and more about the social life. Best go back year was Junior year...had my own car and no bus involved!

I was always excited to go back! I was always also determined to "do better this year." I was a really good student, but I always tried for that one perfect year in elementary school. Now, junior and senior high, I was much more laid back about the academics and more about the social life. Best go back year was Junior year...had my own car and no bus involved!
That sounds sweet! I didn't learn to drive until my thirties; I lived in the city most of that time and there were plenty of buses.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
Most profound memory was the summer before my junior year of high school when I contracted mononucleosis. It was a close run thing whether I'd be well enough to go back when school started. I was given the doctor's OK the day before Labor Day, school started the day after Labor Day. I drug butt for the first couple weeks, but by October I was back up to full strength.

Last edited:
I had mono when I was eighteen and doing activist work in East L.A. Most definitely not fun!

Always the excitement of wearing new school cloths and fresh supplies. I was a good student but really didn’t like school. I was glad to graduate and go to college. School marked the end of summer so it brought melancholy feelings. It meant looking forward to the end of fun lol

Oh, yes the end of summer. It was the end of long, lazy days and I felt melancholy too, as it approached.

Okay, year over year, my favor memory was first cafeteria burger, first cafeteria burrito, first cafeteria pizza, and first cafeteria spaghettI. I had an affinity for that institutional food.

Strongest back to school memory is junior year in high school. Everything was a mess because I was returning to my home town from Okinawa to see my friends for the first time in two years. Plus, I had a class with the teacher that expelled my Brother, as well as amother class taught by one of my Brother’s friends (my Bro is 12 years older than me). Oh, and the drama and trauma of discovering my psychic self.

It was a REALLY busy first week that year.