Scented secrets

EDP (eau de parfum) ,concentrated oil-based holds really well especially if kept out of sunlight,not exposed to air and constant cool temperature (Never in the bathroom!), water-based EDT or EDC (eau de toilette/eau de cologne) is not as stable and you often lose the top notes,can smell a bit off but after it's on your skin,in 20 minutes the top notes disappear anyway and you are left with pretty much the same scent as when it was made. If the bottle has been opened,kept in bathroom etc , the only use is in a vinagrette.
How do you store your perfumes?

How do you store your perfumes?
In a cool part of the house out of direct sunlight. I have a bookcase that is out of the light and in a dark corner of my bedroom that i keep cooler than the rest of the house. I'd keep it a constant 65 if it weren't for Jewel

Reactions: Lynne
Hey Jad, I was talking to my sister yesterday about our Mom and our grandmother. My sister asked me if I remembered our Grandma always smelling of roses, which I didn't. She said she thought it was the perfume she wore. This would have been as long ago as the late 50s. Would there have been a lot of rose scented perfume back then?
Jad may have missed this question, but I can tell you that rose water was used on a lot of stuff back then. Even when ironing!

Reactions: Paulm and Duke
Deb is right! Everything was coming up roses back then.my grandmother too, had a rose perfume.it was almost a rose oil.Very strong and lovely. Darn I wish I knew the name of what she wore.

Reactions: Paulm and Duke
Deb is right! Everything was coming up roses back then.my grandmother too, had a rose perfume.it was almost a rose oil.Very strong and lovely. Darn I wish I knew the name of what she wore.
Rose water....sounds like something an older woman might have used back in the day. Thanks.

Rose water....sounds like something an older woman might have used back in the day. Thanks.
Yes good call Deb. I think of my gramma when I see the little 1950’s faces on the old Ponds face cream jar

Reactions: Lynne
Finally put a few of my vintage bottles out. I have so many more but these are some fancy ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 81

Uninspiring article but the photo says it all. Perfumistas are not a dime a dozen. They are unusual creatures...